Before You Arrive- Checklist
- To activate your student account, a prerequisite to register for classes, please use this link. Click here to access helpful guides and resources for our new student planning system, My MU Plan.
- Register for classes: Do this as soon as possible after you activate your student account. Visit the Registrar's webpage for more details about registration periods, class end and start dates, exam periods, and holidays. Click here for a helpful guide to registering for class.
- Attend orientation: Most Marymount graduate programs require that you participate in orientation. The Orientation website has updated information about the Graduate Welcome and Orientation, international student check-in, and program-specific orientation events.
- Consider your housing options: Graduate students interested in living at the Rixey should review the steps to apply on the Graduate Housing page. Students that complete the interest form will be contacted as soon as the application is available.
- Review the Marymount University Catalog for the year you are entering study.
- If you need assistance with financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-284-1530. Please also visit the “Financing your Graduate Education” section.
- Please review the Student Health Services page for full details concerning vaccination and student health requirements. Failure to provide required documentation by certain deadlines can result in a registration block.
- Complete your documentation: If you acceptance letter outlined missing or incomplete documents, such as official transcripts, diplomas, or test scores, please have these sent to the Graduate Admissions Office as soon as possible. Incomplete documentation will result in a registration hold being placed on your account until the required documentation is received.
- Get your student ID: The MU BlueCard is your multipurpose ID. BlueCards are availible Monday through Friday in the Parking and ID Office in Ireton Hall. These services are available at orientation.
- Obtain a parking permit: Visit the Parking and ID Office at Ireton Hall. To obtain your parking permit you will need:
- A government-issued photo ID
- The vehicle registration (or a copy) for each vehicle that you might drive to campus.
- Check the Parking webpage for more information.
- Purchase books and supplies: Marymount University's Barnes & Noble Bookstore has books for purchase and for rent, plus supplies, clothing, and many other items. Visit the bookstore for special offers.
- Complete health insurance waiver if coverage is not needed- All students who are registered for 9 or more credits are automatically enrolled in the school health insurance plan provided by United Healthcare. The annual insurance premium will appear as a line item on your Student Account bill when you receive it. For information on this coverage, please visit the Student Health Services page. Please note that you do have the option of waiving the coverage online if you already have coverage. Email questions to email@example.com.
- We are hosting a Happy Hour to celebrate your acceptance to Marymount University and provide you with the opportunity to get to know professors, deans, program chairs, alumni, current graduate students, and other new graduate students from various programs. We hope you can join us!
Check out upcoming events hosted by Graduate Student Services.
Pick up new skills and enhance your graduate experience through social events and workshops.
Graduate Student Ambassador Program: This program provides prospective graduate students with tours of the campuses and experiential information about the Marymount community, education, and lifestyle. If you are interested in going on a tour, please call Graduate Admissions at 703-284-5901 to schedule one. If you are interested in speaking with a current graduate student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in volunteering to represent Marymount University to prospective graduate students, giving tours, and sharing your experiences, please apply
|Before the start of classes, your program point of contact is the adviser or Program Director specified in the welcome email from Ana David, Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment Services, at 703-284-5901 or email@example.com. Once you matriculate, you can learn more about what courses are required for your degree and to monitor your progress by logging in to Marynet and reviewing your Program Evaluation (EVAL) in the "Marynet for Students" section. If you have questions or concerns regarding your Program Evaluation, please contact your adviser. Adviser assignments can also be found in the "Marynet for Students" portal after the start of classes.