Marymount Student CARE Team
The CARE Team provides guidance and assistance to students who are experiencing crises, displaying odd or unusual behaviors, or are engaging in other behaviors that may be perceived as being harmful (either to themselves or others). The Marymount Student CARE Team accepts referrals and responds to students (and their families, faculty, and staff) when concerns for a student’s health, welfare, and safety are identified.
The Marymount Student CARE Team also supports members of the University community who interact with at-risk students by assessing and evaluating situations, communicating with individuals involved or impacted by a student’s behavior, and providing referrals and resources to assist and address behavioral concerns.
By fostering collaborative relationships with University departments and maintaining open lines of communication with previously identified and referred students, their families, faculty and staff, the Marymount Student CARE Team makes a commitment to educating the University community about existing policies and instructing community members on how to address students in crisis.
To learn more about how to recognize indicators of stress, how to respond appropriately, or how to refer, we have created a Referral Guide. Please click below to view the Referral Guide.
CLICK TO VIEW THE REFERRAL GUIDE
Examples of CARE Team referrals:
- There are perceived concerns regarding the mental and/or physical health, well-being, and/or safety of a student.
- A student claims that they are thinking about harming themselves or others.
- A student is suffering from or dealing with the side effects of a serious illness.
- Significant decline in academic work
CARE Team Members:
The Marymount Student CARE Team is coordinated through the Division of Student Affairs and is made up of the following members:
- Case Manager, Office of Wellness, Prevention, and Education (Chair)
- Assistant Vice President, Student Health and Well-being
- Assistant Vice President, Student Success
- Assistant Director, Office of Ministry and Spiritual Life
- Assistant Director, Residential Programs
- Assistant Director, Student Employment
- Director, International Student Services
- Faculty Representative, Literature & Languages
- Faculty Representative, Sociology
- Learning Specialist, Student Access Services
- Title IX Coordinator
- Senior Associate Director, Finanical Aid Operations
Other stakeholders are invited as needed and may include representatives
from Athletics, Student Conduct, Associate Deans of Schools, Associate Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies, etc.
CARE Team Chair, Jaleel Dyson
If you have an urgent question after hours, please call Campus Safety at (703) 284-1600 or 911 if there’s an emergency.