Fall 2020 Group Offerings
Thursdays at 1:00 pm
- Adjustment to College 101
- The first semester of college can be an exciting but also intimidating time of transition and adjustment. First year students are adjusting to being away from home, possibly for the first time, and are in a new social and academic environment. Students might often feel that they are the only one having a tough time, but it is normal, even expected, for first year students to have difficulty adjusting to college. Join SCS for a peer support group dedicated to first year students, a safe space where students can share with and receive feedback from their peers. Weekly group meetings may focus on a variety of relevant topics, such as homesickness, adjusting to a new place, social anxiety, loneliness, academic and/or financial stress, balancing academics and social life, identity development and many others. All first year students are welcome.
- Graduate Student Support Group-Wednesdays at 1:00 pm
- Meet up with other graduate students for weekly support. Share and discuss the unique challenges of being a graduate student at Marymount University. The topics will be guided by participants interests and needs. Common topics may include school/life balance, social anxiety, career planning/networking, professional and personal identity, financial struggles, communication/collaboration with advisors, etc.
- Chicken Soup for the Social Distanced Soup-Tuesdays at 1:00 pm
- COVID-19 has impacted all of us in a big way. It has left many of us feeling uncertain, frustrated, and isolated. Whether you are struggling to adapt to the Covid 19 related changes to your life; or have found healthy ways to adapt to it, this group is a great way to connect with other students to discuss your experiences with the “new normal”. Student Counseling Services welcomes all students to join Chicken Soup for the (Social Distanced) Soul.
Please email us or call (703) 526-6861 for more information.