Freshman applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed freshman application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- Applicants may submit a letter of recommendation, but it is not required unless applying to the Honors program or a Scholars Program .
- Applicants may submit a personal essay for consideration, but it is not required.
Successful applicants typically have the following academic qualifications:
- Average GPA of 3.26 on a 4.0 scale
- 430 to 535 SAT score for Evidence-Based Reading, Math, and Writing
- 17 to 24 ACT score for Composite, English, and Math
Students who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale do not need to submit their SAT or ACT scores for admissions consideration. If your high school GPA is lower than a 3.0 or if you are homeschooled, you are required to submit your standardized test scores.
Marymount University’s codes for sending test scores are 5405 for the SAT and 4378 for the ACT.