Early Action Application
Students who would like an early answer on their application may apply Early Action. Early Action applications are non-binding and students are permitted to apply to other schools in addition to Marymount. Students that apply and are accepted during the Early Action period are eligible for a $1,000 Scholarship in addition to other merit awards. Students not accepted during the Early Action period can be rolled over into our Regular Decision period.
Applications received after November 15th will be considered as rolling admissions. The priority deadline is March 1, 2020.
The Marymount application or Common Application must be submitted by November 15. All supporting materials (recommendations, transcripts, etc, must be received December 1.)
Decision Notification Date:
Early Action applicants will receive an admission decision by December 14 at the latest.
Enrollment Deposit Deadline:
Students who are accepted to Marymount as Early Action applicants must submit their enrollment deposit by May 1.
Freshmen applicants are recommended to complete the following High School Curriculum:
- 4 years of English
- 2 years of Foreign Language
- 3 years of Math
- 3 years of Science (2 years of Lab)
- 3 years of Social Studies
Successful applicants typically have the following academic qualifications:
- Average GPA of 3.26 on a 4.0 scale
- 430 to 535 SAT score for Evidence-Based Reading, Math, and Writing
- 17 to 24 ACT score for Composite, English, and Math
Students who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale do not need to submit their SAT or ACT scores for admissions consideration. If your high school GPA is lower than a 3.0 or if you are homeschooled, you are required to submit your standardized test scores.
Marymount University’s codes for sending test scores are 5405 for the SAT and 4378 for the ACT.
Freshman applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
Because of high application volume at certain times of year, please allow three business days for the processing of your application materials. Once your application is fully complete, you can expect a decision in 2-3 weeks.
- Completed freshman application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- Applicants may submit a letter of recommendation, but it is not required unless applying to the Honors program or a Scholars Program .
- Applicants may submit a personal essay for consideration, but it is not required.