Marymount University offers a program that allows students to use their excess financial aid to purchase text books before attendance confirmation has been completed.
In Fall 2018, Marymount transitioned to an on-line text book provider. Because of this transistion, we have a new procedure to obtain book credits.
- To get a book credit, first you must go to Marynet to look-up your classes and see what the books will cost. (Student Accounts will not know how much you need for books).
- Once you have done that, please go to the Student Accounts Office to verify if you have qualifying excess financial aid available for a book credit. If you do, you will complete a form with the amount you want for your books.
- Student Accounts will then inform our on-line bookstore, Barnes & Noble and their on-line partner MBS, of your request.
- MBS, will email you (using your MU email account) regarding your book credit and provide a link to purchase your classroom materials.
- Textbook shipping is free with purchases of more than $59.00 but please allow for shipping time before your classes begin.
- If you have any funds remaining after purchasing your books, it may be used in the new B&N campus spirit shop in Caruthers Hall.
If you would like to purchase your books before your refund check is available, please come to the Student Account Office between January 7th, 2019 and February 8th, 2019 to access your book credit.
Please note that students can only purchase book credit once per semester.
Contact MBS directly for all book orders and adjustments at 1-800-325-0530.
Marymount University does not offer Book Credits through pending Financial Aid during the summer semesters.
Summer 2019 Book Credit Promotion
Marymount is excited to announce the Summer 100! opportunity. Register for a 3-credit summer course and you will receive a $100 book voucher for summer classes!
Once you have registered for at least one Summer 2019 course, you may claim your one-time voucher at the Student Accounts office from April 29, 2019 – July 19, 2019.
In order to claim and maintain your voucher, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be a Marymount University degree-seeking undergraduate student*
- Register for and complete at least one 3-credit course during the Summer 2019 semester
One voucher will be issued per person and will be available to use through the Fall 2019 semester. All vouchers will expire on December 14, 2019. This voucher will not impact any financial aid that you receive. If you claim your voucher and do not complete at least one summer class, your student account will be charged back the $100 voucher at the conclusion of the Summer 2019 semester.
If you have any questions about the book voucher process, please contact the Student Accounts office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-284-1490.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
* Second Degree Nursing students are not eligible for this promotion
Please contact Student Accounts if you have any questions.
(703) 284 1490 | email@example.com