Accelerated BSN Students
This program is for applicants with a previous non-nursing Bachelors Degree
Application deadline for Fall:
- Last Friday in May
(applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning 1st Monday in December)
Application deadlines for Spring:
- Last Friday in September
(applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning 1st Monday in July)
Length of the Program
- Full-time 15 months across 4 consecutive semesters (including summer)
- Part-time Evening & Weekend 3 years across 9 consecutive semesters (including summers)
Accelerated BSN Students must complete the following prerequisites courses with a C or above within 10 years:
Applicants are eligible to apply with a maximum of two (2) prerequisite courses in progress at the time of application. It is recommended that there is only one (1) science prerequisite outstanding at the time of application.
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab I (4 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab II (4 credits)
- Chemistry (3-4 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Sociology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
Accelerated BSN Students must submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- Completed BSN Application through our Marymount Transfer Application
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Prerequisite courses must have been completed within the past 10 years as of your program's start term. All courses must be completed with the equivalent of a C grade or better.
- One letter of recommendation
- Essay (topic will be provided in application)
- Official ATI-TEAS exam score (minimum overall score 68%)
Accelerated Second Degree BSN applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a composite undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better may apply without ATI-TEAS.
Applicants who have taken the ATI-TEAS within 2 years prior to the application to the nursing program must submit their scores.
It is strongly recommended that waiver-eligible applicants provide ATI-TEAS scores if they have earned below a B- in any science prerequisite course.
The Nursing Admissions Committee may recommend that an applicant take the ATI-TEAS exam despite waiver-eligibility.
Applicants must earn satisfactory scores on the ATI-TEAS in order to be eligible for review by the Nursing Admissions Committee.
- Applicants who achieve an unsatisfactory score or who wish to improve their score may retake ATI-TEAS exam only once. If an applicant fails the exam twice within 2 years, the applicant is ineligible for admission for 2 years.
Approximate Cost of the Program
- 4 full-time semesters of tuition, university fees, and nursing fees is approximately $71,000 for the entire 15 month program. More information regarding full-time tuition and fees can be found by visiting Tuition and Fees
- 9 part-time evening & weekend semesters of tuition, university fees, and nursing fees. More information regarding part time tuition and fees can be found by visiting Tuition and Fees
Because of high application volume at certain times of year, please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your application.