Accelerated BSN Students
Application deadlines for Fall 2020 semester:
- First review—February 21, 2020
- Second review—April 3, 2020
Anticipated Application deadlines for Spring 2021 Semester
- First review—Early September
- Second review—Early October
Accelerated BSN Students must complete the following prerequisites courses with a C or above within 10 years:
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab I (4 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab II (4 credits)
- Chemistry (3 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Sociology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
Accelerated BSN Students must submit the following items through NursingCAS to be considered for admission:
- Completed BSN Application through our Marymount Application or via NursingCAS
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Prerequisite courses must have been completed within the past 10 years as of your program's start term. All courses must be completed with the equivalent of a C grade or better.
- One letter of recommendation
- Essay (topic will be provided in application)
- Official ATI-TEAS exam score (minimum overall score 68%)
Accelerated Second Degree BSN applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a composite undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better may be granted a waiver for the ATI-TEAS. The waiver can only be granted after receipt of all transcripts during the review process.
Applicants who have taken the ATI-TEAS within 2 years prior to the application to the nursing program are not eligible for the waiver and must submit their scores.
It is strongly recommended that waiver-eligible applicants provide ATI-TEAS scores if they have earned below a B- in any science prerequisite course.
The Nursing Admissions Committee may recommend that an applicant take the ATI-TEAS exam despite the waiver.
Applicants must earn satisfactory scores on the ATI-TEAS in order to be eligible for review by the Nursing Admissions Committee.
If you are requesting a waiver, it is recommended to apply prior to the first deadline.
- Applicants who achieve an unsatisfactory score or who wish to improve their score may retake ATI-TEAS exam only once. If an applicant fails the exam twice within 2 years, the applicant is ineligible for admission for 2 years.
Because of high application volume at certain times of year, please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your application. If you have any questions, please contact Destiny Welch.