Accelerated BSN Students
Application deadlines for Spring 2020 semester:
- First review—September 6, 2019
- Second review—October 11, 2019
Accelerated BSN Students must complete the following prerequisites courses:
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab I (4 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab II (4 credits)
- Chemistry (3 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Sociology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
BSN applicants have an average of the following academic qualification:
- 2.88 to 3.29 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Accelerated BSN Students must submit the following items through NursingCAS to be considered for admission:
- Completed BSN Application
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Prerequisite courses must have been completed within the past 10 years as of your program's start term. All courses must be completed with the equivalent of a C grade or better.
- One letter of recommendation
- Official ATI-TEAS exam score (Only required if your cumulative undergrad GPA is below a 2.8 or you have received your degree from outside the U.S.)
Accelerated Second Degree BSN applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a composite undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better may be granted a waiver for the ATI-TEAS. The waiver can only be granted after receipt of all transcripts.
It is strongly recommended that waiver-eligible applicants provide ATI-TEAS scores if they have earned below a B- in any science prerequisite course.
Applicants who have taken the ATI-TEAS within 2 years prior to the application to the nursing program are not eligible for the waiver and must submit their scores.
The Nursing Admissions Committee may recommend that an applicant take the ATI-TEAS exam despite the waiver.
Applicants must earn satisfactory scores on the ATI-TEAS in order to be eligible for review by the Nursing Admissions Committee.
Applicants who achieve an unsatisfactory score or who wish to improve their score may retake this exam only once.
Accelerated Second-Degree BSN students can apply through our Marymount Application for both deadlines as a transfer student and select the ABSN program. Students may apply via Nursing CAS for the September deadline only. Visit our requirements page for more details about how to apply.
Because of high application volume at certain times of year, please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your application. If you have any questions, please contact John Sawyer.