International Graduate Students
Are you considered an International Graduate Student?
- Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents (green card holders) as well as all students with any non-U.S. academic records are considered international students.
- Students who have or will attain, a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment are considered graduate students.
International Graduate Students must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed graduate application ➪
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Students must apply through PTCAS
- Doctor of Nursing Students must apply through NursingCAS
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Certified, official transcripts
- For university level course work completed outside of the U.S., you must submit an official course-by-course evaluation from one of the following Marymount approved evaluation agencies or a NACES accreddited agency: World Education Services Inc. and Educational Credentials Evaluators
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency ➪
- Some programs may also require additional supporting documents such as a recommendation letter or resume. Please click here to view all admissions requirements.
Your application is considered complete when we receive all of your documents. Only then will we review and consider your application for admission.
To ensure timely processing of your documents, we prefer that you upload your documents through the application portal. Documents may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment Services
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
Regardless of citizenship, if English is not your first language, we require official scores from an English proficiency examination.
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement. you must submit one of the following test scores:
600 paper based
*Applicants who have a degree from an accredited school where the language of instruction is English are exempt from this requirement.
Conditional Admission for students who do not meet the demonstrated English Language Proficiency:
To be considered for conditional admission, you must be enrolled in one of Marymount's partner language institutes. Completion of an intensive English program other than the partner institutes listed will not meet the conditional admission requirement. Applicants who complete the levels listed below may then be fully addmitted to Marymount without submitting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score.
These programs help students develop their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to a level that is appropriate for university study.
Applicants to the Counseling (M.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.) licensure programs, family nurse practitioner (M.S.N.), Forensic and Legal Psychology (M.A.), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) programs are NOT eligible for conditional admission.
ELS Educational Service's English for Academic Purposes Program:
- Students must demonstrate completion of ELS Level 112
- More information about the ELS program may be found at www.els.edu.
- Students must present a certificate of completion of the level 8 intensive program
- More information about the Inlingua program may be found at www.inlinguaenglish.edu
LADO International Training Institute Program:
- Students must present a certificate of completion of level 10 intensive program with an official transcript from LADO
- More information about the program can be found at www.lado.com
Mentora College Program
- Students must demonstrate completion of one of the following programs and receive a satisfactory reference letter from their instructor:
- Any Mentora College Advanced Electives: English for Specific Purposed class with the final score of 85% or higher
- Any Mentora College Test Preparation program with the final score of 85% or higher
- Any Mentora College Certification Program
- More information about the program can be found at www.mentoracollege.edu.
Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute:
- Students must complete Advanced Level 550 at Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute
- Students who satisfy all admissions criteria except the English language proficiency may qualify for a conditional acceptance before starting their program at the Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute
- More information about the Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute programs may be found at https://lci.vt.edu/
Georgetown University English Language Center:
- Students must complete Advanced or Academic Bridge level courses
- More information about the Georgetown University English Language Center can be found at https://efl.georgetown.edu
International Language Academy of Wahstington, D.C. (ILA):
- Students must present a certificate of completion of level 12 with an official transcript from ILA
- More information about the ILA program may be found at https://www.ila.edu/about.