International Graduate Students
Are you considered an International Graduate Student?
- Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents (green card holders) as well as all students with any non-U.S. academic records are considered international students.
- Students who have or will attain, a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment are considered graduate students.
International Graduate Students must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed graduate application ➪
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Certified, official transcripts ➪
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency ➪
- Some programs may also require additional supporting documents such as a recommendation letter or resume. Please click here to download our guide.
Your application is considered complete when we receive all of your documents. Only then will we review and consider your application for admission.
Complete your graduate application:
- Marymount accepts applications using our Marymount Applications.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Students must apply through PTCAS.
- Doctor of Nursing Student should contact the Office of Graduate Enrollment Services for information.
Send your official transcript from each college/university you've attended:
- For university level course work completed outside of the U.S., you must submit an official course-by-course evaluation from one of the following Marymount approved evaluation agencies or a NACES accreddited agency:
- World Education Services Inc.
- Educational Credentials Evaluators
To ensure timely processing of your documents, we prefer that you upload your documents through the application portal. Documents may also be emailed to email@example.com
If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment Services
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency:
Regardless of citizenship, if English is not your first language, we require official scores from an English proficiency examination.
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement. you must submit one of the following test scores:
600 paper based
Conditions in which the English Language Proficiency may be waived:
- If you have a Bachelors, or Master's degree earned from a U.S. accredited institution, you may be eligible to waive the English language proficiency requirement.
Conditional Admission for students who do not meet the demonstrated English Language Proficiency:
To be considered for conditional admission, you must be enrolled in of Marymount's partner language institutes. Completion of an intensive English program other than the partner institutes listed will not meet the conditional admission requirement.
These programs help students develop their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to a level that is appropriate for university study.
Applicants to the Counseling (M.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.) licensure programs, family nurse practitioner (M.S.N.), Forensic and Legal Psychology (M.A.), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) programs are NOT eligible for conditional admission.
ELS Educational Service's English for Academic Purposes Program:
- Students who demonstrate completion of ELS Level 112 may be fully admitted to Marymount without submitting a TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score. More information about the ELS program may be found at www.els.edu.
- Students who present a certificate of completion of the level 8 intensive program with an official transcript from Inlingua may be fully admitted to Marymount without submitting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score. More information about the Inlingua program may be found at www.inlinguaenglish.edu
LADO International Training Institute Program:
- Students who present a certificate of completion of level 10 intensive program with an official transcript from LADO will be fill admitted and may enroll in a degree program without presenting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score. More information about the program can be found at www.lado.com.
Mentora College Program
- Students who demonstrate completion of one of the following programs and receive a satisfactory reference letter from their instructor will be fully admitted and may enroll in a degree program without presenting a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score. More information about the program can be found at www.mentoracollege.edu.
- Any Mentora College Advanced Electives: English for Specific Purposed class with the final score of 85% or higher.
- Any Mentora College Test Preparation program with the final score of 85% or higher.
- Any Mentora College Certification Program.