International Graduate Students
Are you considered an International Graduate Student?
- Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents (green card holders) as well as all students with any non-U.S. academic records are considered international students.
- Students who have or will attain, a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment are considered graduate students.
International Graduate Students must submit the following to be considered for admission:
Attention: International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application and material one month prior to the posted departmental deadline to allow for additional processing time of their I-20/visa requirement.
- Completed graduate application ➪
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Students must apply through PTCAS
- Doctor of Nursing and Family Nurse Practitioner students must apply through NursingCAS
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Certified, official transcripts
- For university level course work completed outside of the U.S., you must submit an official course-by-course evaluation from one of the following Marymount approved evaluation agencies:
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency ➪
- Some programs may also require additional supporting documents such as a recommendation letter or resume. Please click here to view all admissions requirements.
To ensure timely processing of your documents, we prefer that you upload your documents through the application portal. Documents may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment Services
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
Regardless of citizenship, if English is not your first language, we require official scores from an English proficiency examination.
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement. you must submit one of the following test scores:
600 paper based
Conditional Admission for students who do not meet the demonstrated English Language Proficiency:
To be considered for conditional admission, you must be enrolled in one of Marymount's partner language institutes. Completion of an intensive English program other than the partner institutes listed will not meet the conditional admission requirement. Applicants who complete the levels listed below may then be fully addmitted to Marymount without submitting a TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo.
These programs help students develop their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to a level that is appropriate for university study.
Applicants to the Counseling (M.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.) licensure programs, Family Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N.), Forensic and Legal Psychology (M.A.), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) programs are NOT eligible for conditional admission.
ELS Educational Service's English for Academic Purposes Program:
- Students must demonstrate completion of ELS Level 112
- More information about the ELS program may be found at www.els.edu.
- Students who present a Certification of English Proficiency Letter after successful completion of an upper-level course with an official transcript from the intensive program.
- More information about the Inlingua program may be found at https://idc.edu/.
International Language Academy of Washington, D.C. (ILA):
- Students must present a certificate of completion of level 12 with an official transcript from ILA
- More information about the ILA program may be found at https://www.ila.edu/about.