Malek School of Health Professions
UPDATE from the Interim Dean: 3/18/2020
In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, the safety, welfare and support of our employees, students and their families is of utmost importance to us. We are working diligently to continue the operations of the Malek School of Health Professions. Our administrative staff and faculty are ready to support you and answer your questions. Please use the information below to find the best point of contact by program.
We will provide updates through our routine channels of communication (Canvas course sites, email and website) as information becomes available to us.
Faculty and instructional staff have reached out to their students regarding the continuation of course instruction online which began on March 18, 2020 and will extend until the end of the semester.
Students should be checking their Marymount University email regularly for updates about specific courses.
Dr. Michelle Walters-Edwards
Interim Dean, Malek School of Health Professions
Malek School of Health Professions-Direct Contacts
Interim Dean, MSHP
- Interim Dean, MSHP and Associate Professor, Department of Health and Human Performance—Dr. Michelle Walters-Edwards 703-284-1597, firstname.lastname@example.org
MSHP Front Office Staff
- 703-284-1580, email@example.com—Elena Shields, Maritess Buslon, Erin Tenney
Department of Health and Human Performance
- Chair, BS Health Sciences—Dr. Michael Nordvall 703-526-6876, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Director - MS, Health Education and Promotion--Dr. Gwen Francavillo 703-284-1660 email@example.com
Department of Nursing
- Chair, Undergraduate Nursing—Dr. Eileen Caulfield 703-284-1593 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair, Undergraduate Nursing and Interim Associate Dean (Nursing)—Dr. Theresa Gaffney 703-284-1591 email@example.com
- Director, Family Nurse Practioner (FNP) Program—Colleen Sanders 703-284-5757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair and Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Director—Dr. Maureen Moriarty 703-284-1590 email@example.com
Clinical Agency Coordinator (UG and GR Nursing Programs)
- Yvonne Dumas 703-284-1586 firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physical Therapy
- Chair, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program and Interim Associate Dean—Dr. Skye Donovan 703-284-5978, email@example.com
- Director of Clinical Education, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program—Dr. Marti Carroll 703-284-4987, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator, DPT Program—Rebecca Barnes 703-908-7514, email@example.com
- Clinical Education Coordinator, DPT Program—Susan Welch-Paris 703-284-5986, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Malek School of Health Professions. I am very pleased that you are interested in our School, where academic excellence, service to the community, leadership, a global perspective, professional development, and a commitment to ethics and lifelong learning are our goals.
The Malek School offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Health and Human Performance, Nursing, and Physical Therapy. Our students benefit from clinical experiences and internship placements in some of the national capital area’s leading health care organizations as well as throughout the country and the world.
Our faculty members are outstanding teachers who are focused on student success. They have impressive records of research, as well as service to the community and to their professions. Our support staff members are dedicated to helping students navigate the academic experience. Don’t hesitate to contact any of us if you would like additional information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Michelle Walters-Edwards BSc. (Hons), Ph.D.
Interim Dean and Associate Professor
News and AnnouncementsView All News
About 40 members of Marymount University’s graduating class celebrated their accomplishments on Friday afternoon through a Graduation Parade....
Marymount University professors and staff are available to offer insights into how the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting areas of public he...
Marymount University Ranked One of the Best for Vets in 2020After giving their all serving our country, veterans deserve the chance to get the ed...