Requesting Books & Articles
Due to COVID-19, the libraries are now open ONLY to Marymount University patrons, with Marymount ID access. The library service in fulfilling books and article requests has been changed temporarily.
- Marymount students, faculty and staff may request Marymount-owned materials for contactless pickup.
- Marymount students, faculty and staff may request a digital copy of an article and one chapter from a book that is not available from Marymount University Library using InterLibrary Loan service.
Contactless pickup of our main collection is available to all MU students, faculty, and staff. This service will be available 10 am - 6 pm Monday - Thursday and 10 am - 4 pm on Fridays. At this time, contactless pickup is limited to Reinsch Library on Main Campus.
Within “MULibrary Search
,” search for the item that you would like to request and select “MU Catalog” as your search category. Once you have found the book you are looking for, click the link that says “Marymount Request” underneath “availability” (you will need to be signed in). Fill out the form and click submit. Once your request has been submitted, you will see a green “request submitted” update. If you run into any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email notification once your item is ready to be picked up. Please allow 2 hours for processing. Items will be available for pickup in the hallway outside the library entrance. They will be packaged in a bag or envelope, and your name and loan information will be attached. Pickup requests will be held for 3 days unless otherwise specified. After that, items will be considered no longer needed and a subsequent request will need to be submitted.
How to request an item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Use the interactive ILL form to request material that is not available from Marymount.
- Click on Request a Copy to obtain a digital copy of an article or one chapter from a book.
- Before requesting a journal article from ILL, please find out if it is available in full text through the Journal Finder or MULibrary Search from print journals owned by Marymount.
- Print materials can NOT be requested through ILL service at this time.
- Article delivery will vary, depending on the lender and the delivery method, but it usually takes three to five business days. Most articles will be posted to your Interlibrary Loan account, and you will receive an email notification.
- For further help, or if it is your first time requesting via ILL, please follow these instructions.