Requesting Books & Articles
Marymount students, faculty, and staff may receive books, articles, chapters, videos, and additional resources from Marymount and other libraries.
- Use the online catalog to request books and videos that are owned by the nine member libraries of the Washington Research Library Consortium, including Marymount, and pick them up at the library Circulation Desk.
- Patrons may request items from Reinsch Library, the WRLC, and through Interlibrary Loan to be delivered to the Ballston Center Library Extension.
- Requests for material must be in compliance with copyright policy.
How to request an item through Consortium Loan Service (CLS)
- Find a book or journal record in the WRLC Catalog and click the red “REQUEST” button on the right of the screen.
- If you are requesting a journal article or a book chapter, make sure to fill in all the citation information on the request form.
- The items obtained through CLS usually arrive in two to three days, depending on availability. If you need the item sooner, you may pick it up from the lending library.
How to request an item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Use the interactive ILL form to request material that is not available from Marymount or the WRLC.
- Click on Request a Loan to borrow an entire book.
- Click on Request a Copy to obtain an article or one chapter from a book.
- Before requesting a journal article from ILL, please find out if it is available in full text through the MU E-Journal Finder or through Consortium Loan from print journals owned by WRLC member libraries.
- Books usually arrive in one to three weeks.
- Article delivery will vary, depending on the lender and the delivery method, but it usually takes three to five business days.
We will send you an email once your item arrives
- Books will be held at the Circulation Desk hold shelf for 10 days.
- Most articles will be posted to your MyLibrary account, and you will receive an email notification.