Requesting Books & Articles
Marymount students, faculty and staff may receive books, articles, chapters, DVDs and additional resources from Marymount and other libraries.
- Use the online catalog to request books and media that are owned by the nine member libraries of the Washington Research Library Consortium, including Marymount, and pick them up at the library Circulation Desk.
- Patrons may request items from Reinsch Library, the WRLC, and through Interlibrary Loan to be delivered to the Ballston Coakley Library Extension.
- Requests for material must be in compliance with copyright policy.
How to request an item through Consortium Loan Service (CLS)
- Find a book or journal record in the MULibrary Search and select Marymount or CLS Request determined by the item's home library.
- The items obtained through CLS usually arrive in two to three days, depending on availability. If you need the item sooner, you may pick it up from the lending library.
How to request an item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Use the interactive ILL form to request material that is not available from Marymount or the WRLC.
- Click on Request a Loan to borrow an entire book.
- Click on Request a Copy to obtain an article or one chapter from a book.
- Before requesting a journal article from ILL, please find out if it is available in full text through the Journal Finder or MULibrary Search or through Consortium Loan from print journals owned by WRLC member libraries.
- Books usually arrive in one to three weeks.
- Article delivery will vary, depending on the lender and the delivery method, but it usually takes three to five business days.
- For further help, or if it is your first time requesting via ILL, please follow these instructions.
We will send you an email once your item arrives
- Books will be held at the Circulation Desk hold shelf for 10 days.
- Most articles will be posted to your Interlibrary Loan account, and you will receive an email notification.