Graduate Orientation 2015
The Office of Graduate Admissions is hosting two Graduate Orientations and Welcomes, one on June 8, 2015 and one on August 29, 2015.
Attending an orientation is mandatory for some programs, as listed below. All admitted students are encouraged to attend orientation as those who have attended in the previous years have given positive feedback about their experience.
A tentative agenda for the orientation is linked below
June 8, 2015 schedule
August 29, 2015 schedule
To RSVP for the August 29 orientation, please click on the links below
August 29, 2015 RSVP
Please note that an automated confirmation of your registration will not be sent, as long as you submit the form, rest assured we have received it and if for some reason we don’t, we will still welcome you at the event!
Mandatory program orientation, can fulfill on June 8 OR August 29 orientation day:
- Forensic and Legal Psychology
- Elementary Education (not mandatory for Reston cohort)
- Professional Studies (not mandatory for Reston cohort)
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
Mandatory orientation will be held on August 29 but students are welcome and encouraged to attend any of the events at the June 8 orientation, particularly the reception which is only offered at the June 8 orientation:
- English and Humanities
- All School of Business programs:
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Leadership and Management
Not mandatory but program orientations will be held on both June 8 and August 29:
- Health Education and Promotion
- Interior Design
- Physical Therapy
- Nursing programs
Mandatory program orientations held other days:
- Departments will communicate with students directly regarding the details about the program orientations below. These students are still highly encouraged to attend one of the Graduate Orientation and Welcome events to take advantage of the workshops, resource fair, and reception.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling - June 16, 5:30-7 pm
- Counselor Education and Supervision- June 11, 4:00
- Pastoral Counseling - June 16, 5:30-7 pm
- School Counseling - May 18, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Physical Therapy - August 27
If you are traveling from out of the area and would like to learn about options for on-campus overnight accommodations, please email Jennifer Webb.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Jennifer L. Webb
Associate Director for Graduate Enrollment and New Student Service