International First-Year Students
A first-year student is a first-time university student or a student with fewer than 12 completed university credit hours.
International students are eligible for all Marymount admissions scholarships offered to domestic freshman students. To view freshman scholarships go to our scholarship information page. Students must take the SAT or ACT to be eligible for merit-based scholarships.
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- Completed application with the $40 application fee. Apply online or download a PDF application.
- Letter of recommendation from your school principal, teacher, or academic advisor. This letter must be written in or translated to English.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Marymount from the high school attended or authenticated by your home country’s Ministry of Education or the U.S. Embassy in your country. If applicable, also include official exam results and evidence of graduation.
- Official standardized test score report.
||Marymount Exam Code
||Minimum Required Score
||450 Critical Reading
950 Critical Reading/Math Combined
||18 English Section
*Students for whom English is a second language must submit a passing TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score.
Meet with an admissions counselor
Call 1-800-548-7638 to schedule an appointment with our international admissions counselor.
Our international admissions counselor is also available to meet with walk-in visitors on Tuesdays. Walk-in meeting availability is set on a first-come, first-served basis.
The application for admission and all supporting documents must be received no later than the date indicated for the corresponding semester.
- Fall semester (begins in late August) – July 1
- Spring semester (begins in mid-January) – October 15
Please contact our office
directly if you haven't submitted all of your documents by these dates. We may still be able to work with you to help you complete your application in time.
Once you’re admitted, there are additional steps you will need to take.
Download the International Student Application Checklist