The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution responds to requests for background investigations. We provide conduct records, academic integrity records, housing records, and law enforcement records.
The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution limits disclosure to students with a current, active disciplinary probation, housing probation, and/or loss of housing. Students who were placed on warning or final warning or were on disciplinary probation or loss of housing but are no longer will not be disclosed.
COVID-19 Interim Steps:
- Email is the preferred method. If you are able to email an Authorized Release Form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Investigator and Information Request portion of the Background Investigation Request Form and email to email@example.com.
- If you prefer to fax an Authorized release form and the Background Investigation Request Form, please contact the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution for the appropriate fax number.
- If you must come to campus, you may contact the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution at 703-908-7669 to make an appointment. Marymount University requires all vistors to complete a Visitors Log prior to your arrival on campus and obtain a Visitor Badge at the contactless Visitor Station. You will be required to wear a mask at all times when on campus.
To obtain student records for background investigations please follow the next steps carefully:
- Bring an Authorized Release Form
- Complete the Investigator and Information Request portion of the Background Investigation Request Form and bring it with you (copies can also be completed in the Office of Student Affairs)
- Check in with a staff member in the Office of Student Affairs located in Gerard Hall Room 1028.
- A staff member in the Office of Student Affairs will locate a staff member in the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution to complete the background investigation.
Please do not leave any completed forms or releases with identifying student information in unoccupied areas. If you are unable to locate a staff member, you may leave all documentation with the Office of Student Affairs. A staff member from the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution will contact you within 5 business days with the results of the background investigation, however, staff members typically complete these requests quicker.
If you are looking to obtain copies of transcripts or enrollment verifications, you can submit your request to the Office of the Registrar
located in Rowley Hall
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution at (703) 908-7669.