Insurance Enrollment - 2017-2018 Academic Year
Marymount University believes that health insurance coverage is crucial while students pursue their studies. If a student lacks adequate health insurance, their education could be interrupted or even terminated due to an unexpected illness or injury.
Only students who are registered as full-time as defined by the registrar's offfice are eligible to enroll/re-enroll in the university sponsored plan.
The Fall 2017 waiver site is closed. All full-time students are automatically enrolled into the health insurance plan. To avoid being charged for the student health insurance plan students must waive the insurance by 2/12/18. For any additional information regarding enrollment please contact SHC.
Who is eligible for the school sponsored plan?
- Undergraduate students registered for 12 or more credits
- Graduate students registered for 9 or more credits during the fall and spring semesters
- Please note Graduate students that are registered in the summer for 6 or more credits are considered full-time
- Students who have a change in registration status (i.e. registered as part-time and changed to full-time)
How do I enroll?
- Students who have enrolled into the plan previously must re-enroll by submitting an enrollment form at the start of each academic year.
- Students can enroll by submitting an enrollment form www.studentcenter.uhcsr.com/marymountu
- Students who have missed the enrollment deadlines may contact the SHC directly to be enrolled.
How do I get my insurance card?
- Please visit United Healthcare to learn more about the insurance plan and to print off your insurance card.
- When seeing your physician or incurring any charges for healthcare, always have all insurance coverage documentation available (i.e. cards and/or ID numbers in your name from separate plans that you or your parent's hold).
How long does the coverage last?
- The coverage date for 2017-2018 spring academic year is January 1, 2018 through August 16, 2018.
How much does the plan cost?
- The premium charge for 2017-2018 spring academic year is $1,103 and will be billed to your Student Account as a "line item."
*Students who enroll during the summer semester will be charged based on the date of coverage.