Marymount University believes that health insurance coverage is crucial while students pursue their studies. If a student lacks adequate health insurance, their education could be interrupted or even terminated due to an unexpected illness or injury.
Only students who are registered as full-time as defined by the registrar's offfice are eligible to enroll/re-enroll in the university sponsored plan.
Fall 2019 enrollment is now closed. Spring 2020 enrollment is now open and will close on 2/6/20.
Who is eligible for the school sponsored plan?
- Undergraduate students registered for 12 or more credits
- Graduate students registered for 9 or more credits during the fall and spring semesters
- Please note Graduate students that are registered in the summer for 6 or more credits are considered full-time
- Students who have a change in registration status (i.e. registered as part-time and changed to full-time)
How do I enroll?
- Students who have enrolled into the plan previously must re-enroll by submitting an enrollment form at the start of each academic year.
- Students can enroll by submitting an enrollment form .The enrollment form can be found by logging into myMarymount and clicking "Student Health Insurance Waiver/ Enrollment" under the Sign On Links.
- Students who have missed the enrollment deadlines may contact the SHC directly to be enrolled.
How do I get my insurance card?
- Please visit Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk to learn more about the insurance plan and to print off your insurance card.
- When seeing your physician or incurring any charges for healthcare, always have all insurance coverage documentation available (i.e. cards and/or ID numbers in your name from separate plans that you or your parent's hold).
How long does the coverage last?
- The coverage date for Spring 2020 academic semester is January 1, 2019 through August 17, 2020. All coverage periods begin and end at 12:01 am local time at the policyholder's address.
How much does the plan cost?
- The spring semester premium charge for the 2019-2020 insurance plan is $1,215 and will be billed to your Student Account as a "line item."
What if I still have questions about the plan?
If you have additional questions about the insurance plan please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 1-833-440-0570 (toll free) or by going to Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk website and clicking on the Customer Service link.