Spring 2020 Housing and Dining Credits
In light of the recent request for Marymount students to leave main campus housing, Marymount has been working on a plan to appropriately address questions about credits or refunds for housing and dining.
This notice outlines the details for Spring 2020 Housing and Dining Credits.
How much credit will students receive?
The amount of a student's credit will vary based on departure date. For the purpose of this process, a “departure date” is the date by which a student is no longer staying on main campus AND has returned his/her room key to the Office of Student Living. Please note that removal of belongings is NOT required for departure.
- Departure before Sunday, March 29: prorated credit of 35%
- Departure after Sunday, March 29: no credit
How will the Housing and Dining Credit be applied?
Credits will appear differently depending on the student's year in school, the amount of the student's residential grant and whether or not the student maintains a balance on their Spring 2020 account.
- Spring 2020 graduating seniors residing on main campus will have the prorated credit applied to their Spring 2020 balance, which may result in a refund.*
- Continuing students residing on main campus with a current balance due to Marymount will have the prorated credit applied to their Spring 2020 balance, which may result in a remaining credit applied to their Fall 2020 balance.*
- Continuing students residing on main campus without a balance due will have the prorated credit applied to their Fall 2020 balance.*
*If applicable, Spring 2020 Residential Grants will be removed before the prorated credit is applied.
As mentioned in a previous communication to residential students, we ask students to make this transition as soon as possible, and to let the University know the details of when you plan to depart according to the procedures provided.
When will the Housing and Dining Credit be applied?
Credits will be applied according to the process above by May 1, 2020. Refunds will be paid soon after July 1, 2020.
Who can I speak to if I have questions about my Housing and Dining Credit?
Questions about your departure dates used to determine your credits should be addressed by the Office of Student Living at email@example.com. Any other financial questions should be addressed by the Office of Student Accounts at 703-284-1490.