April 1 - Rixey Housing Update
As you likely know, the Governor of Virginia has issued a stay-at-home order that begins immediately and extends until June 10, 2020. Although the Rixey Housing License Agreement (HLA) for Marymount undergraduates extends through May 18, 2020, we have decided the best way to respond to this executive order is to encourage all undergraduate residents living at the Rixey to return to their homes as soon as possible, if they are able.
Please read carefully the details below that outline procedures for vacating the Rixey.
What are the procedures for moving out of the Rixey?
If you are still living at the Rixey, and would like to leave, please complete the following by Thursday, April 9, 2020:
If you have already returned home and removed your belongings, please complete the following by Thursday, April 9, 2020:
- Pack all your belongings.
- Email the day and time you wish to move-out. This is necessary in order to limit the number of people in the halls and the service elevator. You may email this to email@example.com
- Moving bins will be available and can be signed out at the front desk during your move out time slot.
If you have already returned home, but still need to return to the Rixey to gather your belongings, please complete the following by Thursday, April 9, 2020:
- Email your name, Student ID number, Rixey room number and current mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your key, fob (and parking permit, if applicable) along with your name, Student ID number, Rixey room number, and forwarding address to: The Rixey located at 1008 N Glebe Road Arlington, VA 22201.
- Complete the Google Form: HERE
Note: We will be able to give you access to your apartment on the date and time of your move out appointment.
- Complete the move-out form where you will be asked to select a time to retrieve your belongings, after April 12, 2020.
- Mail your key, fob (and parking permit, if applicable) along with your name, Student ID number and Rixey room number to: The Rixey located at 1008 N Glebe Road Arlington, VA 22201.
If you are unable to return to The Rixey to get your belongings, please email email@example.com
- Moving bins will be available and can be signed out at the front desk during your move out time slot. These will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
and a staff member will reach out to provide you with information to make arrangements with recommended vendors for you to store or move your belongings, at your expense.
We will not be able to allow a vendor or anyone other than yourself in your unit without proper documentation and approval.
What are the procedures for remaining at the Rixey?
Students who are unable to leave the Rixey and return home are welcome to stay through the term of their HLA (May 18, 2020), as long as they submit this exception form
by April 7, 2020. Staff from the Office of Student Living will respond via email within 24 hours with a confirmation of your stay request.
Will Rixey students who move out receive credit and if so, how?
Credits will appear differently depending on the students’ year in school, if the student received a residential grant and whether or not the student maintains a balance on their Spring 2020 account.
* If applicable, Spring 2020 Residential Grants will be removed before the pro-rated credit is applied.
Students who follow the move out procedures outlined above according to the posted deadlines will receive a pro-rated credit equal to one month’s rent (which is equivalent to 20% of your Spring housing cost). Please remember that all Rixey undergraduates were already given a 10% discount on rent for the academic year. This one-month credit is on top of the discount each student already received.
- Spring 2020 graduating seniors residing at the Rixey will have the pro-rated credit applied to their Spring 2020 balance, which may result in a refund. *
- Continuing students residing at the Rixey with a current balance due to Marymount will have the pro-rated credit applied to their Spring 2020 balance, which may result in a remaining credit applied to their Fall 2020 balance. *
- Continuing students residing at the Rixey without a balance due will have the pro-rated credit applied to their Fall 2020 balance. *
What about Rixey parking permit holders?
Students who follow the move out procedures outlined above must return their parking permit in order to have fees waived for May parking. Students who do not turn in their permits by April 30
th will be charged for parking.
When will the credit be applied?
Best efforts will be made to apply credits according to the process above, by May 1, 2020; however, we reserve the right to change the timing and/or distribution of credits or payments if further information regarding the terms of reimbursement in the CARES Act changes our understanding of requirements for eligibility. We anticipate paying any refunds owed on or about July 1, 2020.
Who can I speak to if I have questions?
Questions regarding the move out process should be addressed by Rixey management at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions should be addressed to Office of Student Living at email@example.com