Students have access to DAC card and money-operated copiers in the following locations:
- Reinsch Library (card only)
- Ballston Library extension (accepts money and cards)
- Student lounge at the Reston Center (accepts money and cards)
- Copy room in Caruthers Hall, room 1002 (accepts money and cards)
Payment methods accepted
All copiers accept DAC cards, available for purchase here:
- Main Campus, Reinsch Library
- Ballston Center Library Extension
- Copy room in Caruthers Hall, room 1002
Copiers that “accept money and cards” accept
- bills (denominations of $1, $5, $10, and $20)
- DAC cards
Black-and-white Copier Rates
- 15 cents per copy using coins
- 10 cents per copy using a card
- DAC cards cost 70 cents and are refillable at DAC card dispensers, noted above
Color copier services
Copy Center, Berg G102, (703) 284-1493 (accepts money)
Summer Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ballston Center, room 511, (703) 526-6891 (accepts money)
Open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Color Copier Rates
- letter size (8.5 × 11): 35 cents for single-sided, 70 cents for double-sided
- tabloid size (11 × 17): 70 cents for single-sided, $1.40 for double-sided
Please drop off your request at least 24 hours before you need it. Our offices serve copy requests for MU’s Main Campus, Ballston Center, and Reston Center and workloads vary throughout the year. So, on occasion, it may take longer than 24 hours to complete a job, because of our workload or the complexity of your request (i.e., hand book copying, cover stock requests, etc.) We ask that you give us a week’s notice for large requests. Please call with any questions you may have.
Submitting a Job Request
Please fill out a Copy Request Form for students at either the Main Campus Copy Center or Ballston Center Room 511, along with your original document(s), flash drive, or CD. Please be aware of the copyright notices below in which some submitted items may require you to sign a copyright release form.
Acceptable File Formats
We can print files using Microsoft Office or PDF file formats. Most software today will allow you to convert files to a PDF. Please do this before submitting your request to us. ICall the ITS Helpdesk at (703) 526-6990, if you need help with file formatting.
Call the Copy Center for more details about color copy services, 703-284-1493.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under this law, a copy or reproduction of copyrighted material (including written, video, or audio material from books, publications, the Internet, etc.) is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research.” Other people may not profit from someone else’s copyrighted material. If a user makes a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” the user may be liable for copyright infringement. Students will be held liable for their violation of the copyright laws using Marymount copier equipment. Learn more about copyright policy.