- 06:15 PM
Join representatives from area theater companies and Marymount faculty and students in a conversation about "Staging the Fairytale: A Panel on their History, Value and Live Production," moderated and led by Dr. Amy Scott-Douglass, Associate Professor of English, Media and Performance Studies. The panel will discuss why fairytales are so prevalent in and important to our culture? What work goes into bringing live theater productions of fairytales to life? What internships and opportunities are available at area theater companies? And how can studying English, Media and Performance help you get your dream job? With performances by students in EN 212: Acting and Marymount Actors Guild.
In attendance will be:
- Neal Racioppo, Senior Director of Marketing and Communication, Shakespeare Theatre Company, Peter Pan and Wendy
- Sara Strehle Duke, Executive Director, Encore Stage & Studio, Chronicles of Narnia
- Emily Jonas (Director) and Joseph Aquilina (Gaston), The Arlington Players, Beauty and the Beast
- Ruth McCuen (Co-director) and Meghan Burke (faculty advisor), Marymount Actors Guild, The Christmas Carol
- Dr. Amy Scott-Douglass, Dr. Katie Peebles, Dr. Kate Koppy, Marymount University Department of Literature and Languages faculty
To register at the door, please arrive by 4:45. This program is part of Arlington Economic Development's RETURN ON CREATIVITY series. All are welcome!
Location: Reinsch Auditorium