Join us for a celebration of Charter Day as we share stories about Marymount's past, present and future.
The celebration kicks off at 9 am with a special virtual opening ceremony.
Remarks will be shared by Dr. Becerra, RSHM sisters, Hispanic Heritage Month representatives, faculty and staff.
Pre-register for the following garden events: 10:15-11:30 am
Garden with Purpose (choose one option - limited spots available)
Help us pick and plant fresh vegetables that will benefit our local community. As a result of COVID-19, the need to address food insecurity in our community is more urgent than ever.
- Volunteer in the Food for Thought Club's Garden of Hope, located on Main Campus near the guard house. Please consider donating your time to Garden with Purpose on campus to give back to our MU family and to our community. (PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RSVP FOR THIS EVENT. Due to COVID-19, remember to bring and wear your mask. You will not be permitted to attend the event without a mask.)
- Volunteer in the Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church Garden of Hope. Last year, Marymount students were some of the volunteers who helped the St. Andrew's Garden produce over 3,000 pounds of fresh produce for those in need throughout the Arlington community, and in honor of that partnership, the Church has designated this special work day exclusively for MU community participants. As a result of COVID-19, the need to address food insecurity in our community is more urgent than ever. Please consider donating your time to Garden with Purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RSVP FOR THIS EVENT ON ENGAGE AND FOLLOW ALL OF ST. ANDREW'S VOLUNTEER PROTOCOLS:
Mass (12-1 pm)
Join us for a special Mass
- Volunteers must wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose.
- Volunteers must maintain 6′ of distance from other volunteers while in the garden (exceptions made for volunteers from the same household).
- Volunteers must bring their own gardening gloves.
- Other general materials volunteers should bring as needed: a water bottle, sunscreen, sun protection (e.g. hat, sunglasses, etc.).
Pre-register for this volunteer event:
Package with Purpose (1:30-3 pm)
Volunteer at Rock Spring Church
to package donated produce for community distribution. Marymount students, faculty and staff have been some of the many volunteers throughout the growing season in local Gardens of Hope. In order to distribute their harvest, donations must be sorted and packaged. Please consider donating your time to Package with Purpose so food can reach those most in need.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RSVP FOR THIS EVENT.
Due to COVID-19, please remember to bring and wear your mask. You will not be permitted to attend the event without a mask.
Ongoing virtual opportunity:
In addition, we invite Marymount friends and alumni to volunteer virtually in support of organizations throughout their community who are working so hard to combat food insecurity, now more than ever due to the pandemic. To participate, follow these steps:
- Identify and locate your local food pantry or other community partner:
- Are they accepting food donations?
- What items do they need most?
- When and where can these items be donated?
- Start the clock! Take 30 minutes and scour your own kitchen cabinets or pantry. Make an inventory list of what you find during your "scavenger hunt."
- Take photos of your donations and tag the Saints' Center for Service – @saints4service and #saintsserve – for your chance to win an awesome swag bag filled with MU gear! For more information or if you have questions, please contact the Saints' Center for Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.