Workshops & Training Events
About Workshops & Training Events
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) provides University faculty, staff, students, and community partners with education and facilitated learning opportunities through workshops and training events that address the lifecycle of projects, programs, services, and activities that either have yet to secure sponsored funding or are already under a sponsored award.
Workshops and training sessions are available throughout the year based on staff availability.
Current Workshop Offerings:
- Overview of Research at Marymount - 01/11/2018 at Ballston Conference Center (Presenter: Dr. Rita Wong, Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Studies)
- Researching Funding Opportunities - 01/31/2018 at Reinsch Library Gomatos Information Literacy Room (Presenter: Dr. Cheryl K. Green, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs) Session Full: Closed
Workshops & Events in Development:
Webinar & Personal Application Workshops: The following listing will be workshops that incorporate viewing a webinar on a particular topic and then a facilitated session afterwards by OSP to assist participants in applying the webinar contents to each person's research/project/program interests.
Pre-Award: Research Development
- Grant Writing: Measuring & Communicating Impact
- Grant Writing in 2017 - Strategies for Making your Application Standout
- Tell Your Story: How to Develop a Compelling, Evidence-Based Statement of Need
- Grant Applications That Win Funding: How to Write for Your Grant Reviewer
- The Relationship Between Proposal Writing and Compliance and Performance
To assist OSP is ensuring the highest quality of content, presentation, and proper logistic choices for its workshops and training events, please fill out a Workshop Evaluation form after your workshop or training session.
Responses are anonymous.
Workshop Evaluation Form (link to Google Forms document)