The Pre-Award stage refers to the period when you are looking for grant opportunities and writing a proposal to a Sponsor for external funding. OSP offers the following services for faculty and staff during this stage:
- OSP reviews a variety of sources for information on grant and fellowship activities and forwards these opportunities to faculty members.
- OSP provides consultation and assistance throughout the project design and proposal preparation phases.
- OSP coordinates and consults on the design of campus wide, multidisciplinary, and/or inter-institutional projects.
- OSP will work with the Principal Investigator and the University Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to: develop budget and budget justifications, complete required federal budget forms, budget narratives, and assurances.
- OSP provides current information on University policies related to sponsored programs, such as direct & indirect costs, cost sharing, intellectual property, etc.
- OSP provides assistance in securing the necessary internal approvals for sponsored program proposals.
- OSP submits sponsored projects for the University.
The Post-Award stage refers to the period after a Sponsor has approved your proposal and issues a contract for funding. This is the stage where you and the University must follow strict rules and regulations in how the Sponsor's money is spent to achieve the objectives and outcomes outlines in the approved proposal. OSP offers the following services for faculty and staff during this stage:
- OSP is the liaison between the Principal Investigator/University and Sponsor on submitted proposals and Sponsor grant administration contacts after an award is approved.
- OSP works with the MU Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to negotiate grants and contracts associated with sponsored programs.
- OSP provides grant management assistance throughout the life of the project and serves as liaison with all stakeholders related to fiscal, pragmatic, and contract compliance.
- OSP maintains the official University institutional file for sponsored programs.
- The OSP works with the MU Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to assist Principal Investigators with budget or program modifications approvals, as well as securing Sponsor approvals.
Do you seek OSP services?
If you are in need of OSP services, please complete this Faculty and Staff Survey of Research/Scholarship/Programs/Services/ Creative Pursuits Interest and Expertise.