Marymount’s Strategic Planning Process
Working on an accelerated timeline of nine months for the creation of a new strategic plan, the university hired a consulting firm to facilitate the process. Credo
consulting began work immediately.
The plan is framed by three priorities
identified by President Becerra through her early engagement with the Marymount community. They are:
- Expanding the number of students who can benefit from a Marymount education by increasing enrollment
- Emphasizing student success to improve retention and timely graduation
- Providing outstanding service to students, faculty and staff to remove all challenges to learning, teaching, and supporting students
The entire community engaged greatly to develop Momentum
. The major activities in the planning process are listed below:
- Leadership Team Retreat (August 20-22, 2018) - Strengths and weaknesses within the university were identified; brainstorming sessions generated ideas on how to improve the university weaknesses and capitalize on university strengths; and themes that will build the framework for the plan were classified.
- Board Meeting (September 6, 2018)- Dr. Becerra gathered thoughts and ideas from the Trustees and received their approval for moving forward with the current framework of the plan.
- Community Day (September 26, 2018) - Over 200 Marymount faculty and staff gathered on campus to brainstorm on the 4 themes brought from the Leadership Team Retreat (Sustainable Future, Distinctive Identity, Transformative Experience, Vibrant Community).
- Planning Team Meeting I (November 19, 2018) - Data from Community Day and Board of Trustee discussions were shared; next steps in the process were reviewed; and preparations for the work of the 4 Theme Teams were made.
- Theme Team Kick Off Meeting (November 28, 2019) - Dr. Becerra presented an overview and introduction to the strategic map and strategic planning process. Theme Teams broke out into study rooms to organize and plan future meetings.
- Theme Team Meetings (December, 2018 -January, 2019) - During December and January each Theme Team met approximately four times for 2 hours each meeting. Teams sifted through all the university feedback, created and prioritized initiatives. Work from the teams were placed on a spreadsheet that asked for objective, initiative, initiative description, success metric, initiative priority, initiative owner, and cabinet sponsor.
- Planning Team Meeting II (February 22, 2019) - Each of the team chairs discussed how their team created and organized their spreadsheets. The top 8 initiatives of the Strategic Plan were identified and will serve as the plan's starting point.
- Board Approval (March 20, 2019) - Marymount's Board of Trustees endorsed the plan.
- Inauguration (March 28, 2019) - Dr. Becerra unveils the plan to the community at the Inauguration of the university's 7th Presdient.
If you have any questions regarding the plan, please email email@example.com