The Pre-Award stage refers to the period when you are seeking for grant opportunities and writing a proposal to a Sponsor for external funding. OSP offers the following services for faculty and staff during this stage:
- OSP reviews a variety of sources for information on grant and fellowship opportunities and shares these opportunities with faculty members.
- OSP provides consultation and assistance throughout the project design and proposal preparation phases.
- OSP coordinates and consults on the design of campus-wide, multidisciplinary, and/or inter-institutional projects.
- OSP will work with the Principal Investigator and the University’s Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to: develop budget and budget justifications, complete required federal budget forms, and assurances.
- OSP provides current information on University policies related to sponsored programs, such as direct & indirect costs, cost sharing, intellectual property, etc.
- OSP provides assistance in securing the necessary internal approvals for sponsored program proposals.
- OSP submits sponsored project’s proposals for the University.
The Post-Award stage refers to the period after a Sponsor has approved your proposal and issues a contract for funding. This is the stage when the University’s principal investigators, project/research personnel must follow strict rules and regulations relative to how the Sponsor’s money is spent to achieve the objectives and outcomes outlines in the approved proposal. OSP offers the following services for faculty and staff during this stage:
- OSP is the liaison between the Principal Investigator, University, and the funding agency or grant administration contacts after an award is approved. OSP is the grants administration contact when an award is made.
- OSP works with the MU Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to negotiate grants and contracts associated with sponsored programs.
- OSP provides grants management assistance throughout the life of the project and serves as a liaison with all stakeholders related to fiscal, programmatic, and contracts compliance.
- OSP maintains the official University institutional file for sponsored programs.
- The OSP works with the MU Office of Grants, Contracts, and Compliance in Financial Affairs to assist Principal Investigators with budget or program modifications approvals, as well as securing Sponsor approvals.