Home Admissions Transfer Students Transferring Credits

Transferring Credits

Marymount University generally accepts credits for courses completed with a grade of C or higher at other regionally accredited institutions of higher education.

Marymount will accept a maximum of 64 credit hours from freshman- and sophomore-level courses and an additional 20 credit hours from junior- or senior-level courses.

Marymount University has a 36 credit residency requirement, meaning no student may apply more than 84 hours of transfer credit toward a degree. For more details on our current transfer policies, see our undergraduate catalog.

Transferology is a system which gives prospective Marymount transfer students the ability to determine which courses will transfer to Marymount. Transferology is a free resource. Students may create an account and input their courses from their prior institution into the system so that they may be reviewed for transfer credit eligibility. Students may also use Transferology to request more information about Marymount, view majors available at Marymount, and request an appointment with a Transfer Admissions Counselor at Marymount. Transfer applicants are encouraged to use Transferology to learn more about how their credits will transfer to Marymount.

Course Equivalences

For many colleges, course equivalences are readily available for students who wish to transfer to Marymount via Transferology's course equivalency tool. Create a Transferology account and add your school and courses to see how your courses will transfer.
 While very useful, this equivalency tool is not exhaustive. Students   transferring from two or four-year colleges or universities not included   in this tool or who have additional questions about transferring     credits,   should contact our admissions team to gain more information. 


Credit by Examination 

 Transfer students may apply up to 30 hours of credit earned by   examination to the 84-hour transfer credit maximum. Marymount will   accept credit earned through College-Level Examination Program 
 (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and Advanced Placement (AP),   and DANTES Program examinations. You can learn more about   receiving credit by examination from the Office of the Registrar.