Advanced Cybersecurity Day Camp
July 23-27, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The demand for career cybersecurity professionals to protect and defend our nation's security constantly rises. This program is designed for talented and enthusiastic high school students (15-18 years old) who have previously been to a cybersecurity camp or have attended a cybersecurity program in their school. The mission of the program is to take your cybersecurity knowledge and skills to the next level. This day camp provides opportunities for participants to gain expertise in some of cybersecurity principles and practices in an intensive setting.
Marymount's cybersecurity program is designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency.
What will you do in this co-ed cybersecurity community?
In summary, high school students are exposed to advanced cybersecurity principles and practices in a project-based learning environment. Participants must know the basics of cybersecurity and have either attended a previous cybersecurity camp or taken a course through their high school. This camp is open to 24 participants from diverse backgrounds who work on project teams to solve day-to-day cybersecurity incidences. Both female and male students are encouraged to attend.
- Learn from experienced Marymount faculty members and MU students.
- Extend your cybersecurity skills with hands-on experience solving today's cybersecurity problems.
- Work in small groups in a problem-based learning environment.
- Collaborate with a diverse, co-ed peer group with a passion for and understanding of cybersecurity.
- Team up with a mentor (a current MU IT major or alumnus).
- Network with cybersecurity leaders in industry, government, and academia.
- Discover college major options and career opportunities in the field.
- Plug-in and play: have fun while you learn.
Students will come on campus and receive about 10 hours of formal instructions and about 20 hours of supervised activities. The activities include cybersecurity challenges and interaction with current cybersecurity students and professionals. This is a five-day day camp in the heart of the cybersecurity world—the Washington, D.C. area.
All sessions take place on Marymount University's Ballston Center in suburban Arlington, VA. with easy driving or Metro access.