The DC Summer Institute program is residential. All attendees will reside on campus for the duration of the program in order to fully participate in its academic and extracurricular activities.
Housing will be provided in an air-conditioned residence hall on Marymount’s Main Campus in beautiful, suburban Arlington, Virginia. Students will live in double rooms on single-gender wings, with single-gender bathrooms. Professional staff and Marymount-student resident assistants will supervise the residence halls and be on call 24/7.
All meals are covered in the cost of the program. Your meals will generally be served in the campus dining room, but some meals may be provided off-site.
- air-conditioned residence hall
- single-gender wings
- separate male and female bathrooms
- mentor students-in-residence – a female student employee will be assigned to oversee female institute participants, and a male student employee will be assigned to oversee male participants
- professional staff supervisors on duty and on call 24/7
- shared lounge space on the residence hall floor
- on-campus recreational and fitness facilities, including gymnasium, indoor pool, and fitness center/weight room
- Campus Safety officers available 24/7 for medical and other emergencies