Cashier’s Office

Student Accounts

Delinquent Accounts and Loan Management

I need help understanding my Registration Statement (bill).


Individual items or amounts

Various areas within the University initiate the charges and credits on your bill; to get details about a particular item or amount on your bill, contact the office responsible for the charge or credit directly. See Billing Contacts for a listing of topics and the office responsible for them.

Financial aid credits

Financial aid credits will not be reflected on your account until the tuition charges for that term appear. Aid credits also may be removed from your account if you do not comply with the necessary financial aid disbursement procedures. It is your responsibility to contact the Financial Aid Office if problems or delays occur.

Amount due

If you receive a bill that has a payment due amount, pay the amount due by the payment due date. The month after you have paid your account in full, you may receive a bill that shows the payment you made and a resulting zero balance. No payment is necessary. This statement is for your records only.

Credit balance

If you receive a bill that has a credit balance, no payment is due. You may request that the balance be refunded to you. See the Refunds section for directions on requesting a refund.

What are the hours of operation for Student Accounts and where is the office located?

Day Hours
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m

The Student Accounts office is in the lobby of Rowley Hall, next to the Registrar’s Office.

What is my balance?


Balances may be verified via Marynet. You can also call the Student Accounts Office at (703) 284-1490 or request a Registration Statement be mailed to your home.

I have registered for classes. When will I receive a bill?


Paper bills are mailed approximately one month prior to the start of each semester. Reminder bills are also mailed for additional charges or schedule adjustments. Account balances are available for review on Marynet.

How do I pay using my credit card?


Payments using MasterCard, Visa, and American Express can be made using the “Pay My Account” function on Marynet, by phone at 703-284-1490. or they can be mailed to the Cashier. 

I want to pay in person. Where should I go?


In-person payments can be made at the Cashier’s Office in Rowley Hall, Monday through Friday           9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 

Can I pay my tuition on a monthly basis?


Yes, you may enroll in a payment plan available through TuitionPay to pay your tuition on a monthly basis. 

Can my parent, spouse, or any third party be granted access to my account?


No, unless you submit a signed Student Information Release Form to the Student Accounts Office with the name(s) of the authorized persons.

Where is the Cashier’s Office located?


The Cashier’s Office is located in the lobby of Rowley Hall, next to the Registrar’s Office.

What are the Cashier’s Office hours of operation?

Day Hours
Monday through Friday  9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 

Can I make a credit card payment over the phone?


Yes, your payment can be taken by calling 703-284-1490 and using a credit card. 

Where can I find information about resetting my Marynet login?


Please click here to reset your Marymount password.

Do I need to submit a refund request for financial aid?


TA refund request form is not needed for financial aid refunds. Overpayments from financial aid awards will automatically generate a refund check, which is mailed to the address on file with the University.

Can I use my financial aid to pay for my books?


We recommend you make alternate plans to buy books because refunds from financial aid aren’t disseminated until the second week of the semester.

When will I receive my refund for account credits from non-financial aid sources, such as overpayments?


After submitting a refund request form your refund will be processed within 7-10 business days. Please see Marymount’s refund policy for more information.

Can the Student Accounts Office release library and/or parking holds?


No, only the library and/or parking services can release their holds. We can only release student account holds, collection holds, and return-mail holds.

What is third party billing?


Third party billing is the service that send invoices and collects payments from a national, state, or local government; an embassy; an employer; or a branch of the United States military, which is paying all or a portion of the University charges for tuition and fees billed to a student.

How does third party work?


Students provide a billing authorization to the Student Accounts Office to defer their tuition while the invoice is sent to their sponsor.

What do you require?


Students must provide a billing authorization, financial guarantee letter, or training authorization form no later than three weeks into the semester.

How do I know that you have processed my billing authorization?


When your financial guarantee is processed, the deferred payment amount will appear as a memo credit next to Sponsor Payment on your Registration Statement.

When do you invoice my sponsor?


We will invoice your sponsor after the add/drop date has passed.

What happens if my sponsor does not submit payment?


If your sponsor does not cover the balance of your tuition payment after two (2) invoices have been sent, you will be responsible for payment.

I have just checked my account on Marynet, and my agency has not submitted payment. Do I need to be concerned?


If it is late in the semester, you should call us with questions regarding your sponsor payment status. If we do not receive payment from the agency, we will also attempt to contact you by letter to inform you that the sponsor has not fulfilled its obligation to make payment. At that time, you will be responsible for payment.

Student Accounts Office

Marymount University
Rowley 1011


(703) 284-1490
Fax: (703) 526-6979
Contact Us

Office Hours

M-F 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM