Early Disbursement Period
Fall 2020 Deadline: August 7, 2020
Per Federal Regulations, Marymount University will not disburse federal aid once classes begin until after full attendance has been confirmed
. Marymount realizes how important the refund of excess federal funds is to many students; therefore, in order to comply with the new regulation and still meet the needs of our students, Marymount will be offering an Early Disbursement Period
to qualifying students.
Students enrolled in Fall 2020 courses and are awarded federal aid (Unsubsidized Loans, Subsidized Loans, Parent PLUS Loan, Grad PLUS Loans, Pell Grant or SEOG Grant) and wish to receive an early disbursement and refund of any excess federal funds (if applicable) before the attendance confirmation period, must complete the following steps no later than August 7, 2020.
- Student must be registered for the number of credits for which their award was based.
- If a student is enrolled in LESS THAN THE INTENDED amount of credits his/her award was based on, they must contact the Financial Aid Office to have their award updated by August 7, 2020. Otherwise, their aid will not post to their account until after Attendance Confirmation period has been completed.
- All steps to accept federal loans (Master Promissory Note/Entrance Counseling, Parent Plus/Grad Plus Application) must be completed (If not already completed).
- All courses must count toward your degree program.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to receive any federal aid.
Federal Aid will not post to a student's account until they are actually attending the number of credit hours they were awarded (minimum of 6 credit hours). If you do not meet the minimum number of awarded credits prior to the early disbursement date of August 7, 2020, your federal aid will not post until after Attendance Confirmation is completed; therefore, you do not qualify for an early disbursement or early refund. If you are anticipating a refund to cover any external expenses and are not eligibile for Early Disbursement, please plan accordingly as funds will not be available until after Attendance Confirmaiton period has been complted.
Students who have completed these steps by August 7, 2020, meet the minimum credit criteria, and have excess funds, will be eligible to have their refund processed within 14 days of the start of Summer classes. Once classes begin, NO FEDERAL AID WILL BE DISBURSED to a student’s account until attendance confirmation has been completed.
Students who receive an early disbursement of their aid and then make changes to their schedule or Financial Aid award will be responsible for any additional charges incurred as a result of these changes.
Please note that all other aid (besides federal aid) will be disbursed and refunded throughout the attendance confirmation period as usual.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Student Accounts. As always, our office has an open door policy Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. You can also reach us via phone at 703-284-1490 or by email at email@example.com