Early Refund Period
Deadline: August 12th, 2019
Per Federal Regulations, Marymount University updated their course attendance confirmation policy and procedures at the beginning of the Spring 2019 semester. This newly implemented regulation impacts when federal aid is disbursed and refunded to students.
In previous years, Marymount disbursed federal aid on the first day of classes, and refunded any excess funds to students within 14 days of the disbursement. Due to the newly implemented regulations, the University will not disburse federal aid once classes begin until after full attendance has been confirmed
. Marymount realizes how important the refund of excess federal funds is to many students; therefore, in order to comply with the new regulation and still meet the needs of our students, Marymount will be offering an Early Refund Period
to qualifying students.
Students enrolled in Fall 2019 courses and are awarded federal aid (Unsubsidized Loans, Subsidized Loans, Parent PLUS Loan, Grad PLUS Loans, Pell Grant or SEOG Grant) and wish to receive an early refund of any excess federal funds (if applicable) before the attendance confirmation period, must complete the following steps no later than August 12th, 2019.
- Student must be registered for the number of credits for which their award was based.
- If a student is enrolled in LESS THAN THE INTENDED amount of credits his/her award was based on, they must contact the Financial Aid Office to have their award updated by August 12th. Otherwise, their aid will not post to their account until after Attendance Confirmation period has been completed.
- All steps to accept federal loans (Master Promissory Note/Entrance Counseling, Parent Plus/Grad Plus Application) must be completed (If not already completed).
- All courses must count toward your degree program.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to receive any federal aid.
Students who have completed these steps by August 12th, 2019, meet the minimum credit criteria, and have excess funds, will be eligible to have their refund processed the week fall classes begin on August 26th, 2019
. Once classes begin, NO FEDERAL AID WILL BE DISBURSED to a student’s account until attendance confirmation has been completed.
This confirmation process may take up to the end of the Fall semester. Students who receive an early refund and then make changes to their schedule or Financial Aid award will be responsible for any additional charges incurred as a result of these changes.
Please note that all other aid (besides federal aid) will be disbursed and refunded throughout the attendance confirmation period as usual.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Student Accounts. As always, our office has an open door policy Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. You can also reach us via phone at 703-284-1490 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org