Marymount University offers a program that allows students to use their excess financial aid to purchase text books before attendance confirmation has been completed.
Marymount partners with an on-line text book provider. Below are the procedures to obtain book credits using applicable excess financial aid
- To get a book credit, first you must go to Marynet to look-up your classes and see what the books will cost. (Student Accounts will not know how much you need for books).
- Once you have done that, please go to the Student Accounts Office to verify if you have qualifying excess financial aid available for a book credit. If you do, you will complete a form with the amount you want for your books.
- Student Accounts will then inform our on-line bookstore, Barnes & Noble College (formally MBS Direct), of your request.
- Barnes & Noble College, will email you (using your MU email account) regarding your book credit and provide a link to purchase your classroom materials.
- Textbook shipping is free with purchases of more than $59.00 but please allow for shipping time before your classes begin.
- If you have any funds remaining after purchasing your books, it may be used in the new Barnes & Noble campus spirit shop in Caruthers Hall.
Please note that if any changes are made to a student’s Financial Aid after a Book Credit has been issued, a balance may result on a student’s account for which they will be responsible.
If you would like to purchase your books before your refund check is available, please come to the Student Account Office between August 3rd, 2020 and September 25th, 2020 to access your book credit.
Please note that students can only purchase book credit once per semester.
Contact Barnes & Noble College directly for all book orders and adjustments at 1-800-325-0530.
Marymount University does not offer Book Credits through pending Financial Aid during the summer semesters.
Please contact Student Accounts if you have any questions.
(703) 284 1490 | email@example.com