English Language Requirements
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement, students may submit one of the following test scores:
We may consider waiving the TOEFL/IELTS/SAT/ACT requirement for students with GPA above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
This decision is at the at the discretion of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and it will be communicated to the student via e-mail.
Standardized Test Exemptions:
- GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Four years at a U.S. high school enrolled in standard english classes, not in English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- A.A., Bachelor's, or Master's degree earned from a U.S. accredited instituion.
- 30 credits from a U.S. institution with coursework equivalent to English Composition 1.
- A completed high school degree earned from one of the following countries1
British Virgin Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
1. Students from Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens, but proof of English Proficiency is required.
2. Test scores are required for the Frend Education System only.
3. English Speaking territories only.
Additional Ways to Satisfy the English Language Proficiency:
Prospective Marymount international students may meet the minimum English language proficiency by successfully completing an English Language Program with one of our Partnership schools, including:
- Level 8 with a score of 80% or higher at Inlingua.
- Level 9 and 10 with a final result of 84% at LADO.
- Any College Advanced Electives: English for Specific Purpose class with a score of 85% or higher, Test Preparation Program with a core of 85% or higher, or College Certificate Program at Mentora College.
- Level 12 with a final score of 80% or higher at ESL Educational Services.