During the fall 2020 semester, in-person accommodated testing will be offered at the Student Academic Hub on Wednesdays from 9-5. Here is a link
to the testing request form form. SAS approved testing accommodations may also be implemented directly by the student's respective instructors.
Should students or faculty have any question about SAS approved testing accommodations, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 703-284-1538. We are happy to work with you to address any questions or concerns.
Step 1: Student obtains current copies of Faculty Contact Sheet (FCS) from SAS via email.
Step 2: Student discusses with professor how accommodations will be implemented.
- Student reviews approved accommodations, and recommended supports detailed through the content of first page of FCS and alerts SAS with any questions or concerns.
- Student adds their name and current date to second page of FCS upon agreement of the accommodations detailed on first page.
- Student emails both pages of FCS to each professor and requests best means to communicate with instructor regarding FCS content (discussion may take place through email, Zoom, in-person, or over the phone).
Step 3: Student and/or instructor contacts SAS if there are any questions regarding exam administration or listed academic accommodations and supports.
- Faculty member and student discuss how testing and other accommodations will be implemented.
- Student agrees with professor when, how, and in what form the exam will be administered. This proactive interaction will prevent confusion when the test is actually given by the instructor some time later in the semester.
- This testing / exam agreement is very important to assure that extended testing time accommodations are implemented both efficiently and effectively. This agreement clarifies the need for professors to set any additional extra time allowances on online timed exams.
Step 4: Student and faculty agree/confirm exam administration and the means to implement other academic accommodations.
- Student and/or instructor should contact SAS if there are any questions regarding how and when exams are administered. Please contact SAS at email@example.com or 703-284-1538 to arrange a Zoom meeting to address questions and concerns.
- Upon agreement of implementation of listed accommodations and supports, students must ask for the professors’ signatures and date on the second page. This substantiates the agreement and activates accommodations.
- Students should request each professor to email the signed second page back to SAS.
- Example - from: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com, to: firstname.lastname@example.org