SAS Student Life FAQs

I have a state-issued disability parking placard/pass/plate. How do I locate accessible parking spaces on Marymount campuses?

If you are only requesting information on parking please contact Campus Security at (703) 284-1600 or the Parking/ID Office at (703) 284-5700. Student Access Service is not needed.

What housing and/or dining accommodations are available at MU, if I have a disability?

For students with physical disabilities who reside on campus, reasonable environmental or architectural adjustments can be made to their living spaces by MU. These adjustments may include, but are not limited to: reducing door tension, lofting beds, etc. If available, single room assignments may be granted to students when no other available accommodation is deemed reasonable by SAS. Requests will not be considered until the student has registered with the Office of Student Access Services and submitted the appropriate materials.
The specific housing accommodations that can be granted are contingent upon the availability of space and resources, as well as a thorough assessment of alternative accommodation options. SAS will discuss these options with the student and recommend methods that can reduce or eliminate their disability-related barriers (i.e., earplugs for noise sensitivity, headphones for distractibility, staff-assisted roommate negotiations for atypical sleeping patterns).
MU offers a large variety of meal choices, including a refrigerator in the Gerard Dining Hall (next to the cashier) that contains gluten-free options. If additional dining accommodations are needed, please contact Sodexo.

How do I obtain housing accommodations for disability-related concerns?

Before obtaining any housing accommodations, students must:
  • Officially register with Student Access Services
  • Submit a Special Housing Accommodation Request Form to the Office of Campus and Residential Services.  The disability documentation that is submitted to SAS must specifically address the connection between the student’s diagnosed disability and the housing accommodation being requested.
Approval is contingent upon the availability of campus housing. If the approved housing accommodation is unavailable, the student may request permission to opt-out of MU’s residential requirements so that they can live off-campus.

How do I obtain dining accommodations for disability-related concerns?

Requests for dining accommodations are processed by Sodexo. Meal plan options and Contact Information

Sven Jones, MPM, MA, MA

Director - Student Access Services

Maureen Dour, MS

Learning Specialist - Student Access Services

Office Hours

Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm


Rowley 1005, Main Campus

Contact Information

Phone: (703) 284-1538
Fax: (703) 284-6485