Marymount University is a proud member of the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area. This membership allows students to participate in cross-registration opportunities at other Consortium universities, including:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Gallaudet University
- The George Washington University
- George Mason University
- Georgetown University
- Howard University
- Trinity Washington University
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland College Park
Consortium Registration Policies
- Courses taken via the Consortium Registration process are considered to be institutional credit. Grades will be recorded on the student's Marymount transcript and factored into the student's Marymount GPA.
- Students must be degree-seeking and in good academic standing in order to be eligible to register for a Consortium course.
- A maximum of two courses through the consortium may be counted for credit toward Marymount degree requirements.
- Students should not enroll in a consortium course in their first semester at Marymount, with the exception of students enrolled in the ROTC program. Students with extenuating circumstances may be approved to take other consortium courses in their first semester.
- Students are not encouraged to enroll in Consortium courses during the semester of their anticipated graduation. Taking a course outside of Marymount during the student’s final semester may delay his or her graduation.
- Students are not eligible to take a course through the Consortium that is being offered concurrently at Marymount.
- Once a student is enrolled in a course through the consortium, the course cannot be changed to transfer credit after the Consortium registration deadline.
- Enrollment at Marymount does not guarantee enrollment in a course at a Consortium institution.
- Students enrolled in a Consortium course follow the add, drop, and withdrawal deadlines of Marymount University.
How to Register for a Consortium Course
Students interested in registering for a course through the Consortium should complete the Consortium Registration
form. This form must be signed by the student's advisor and associate or assistant dean. Students are encouraged to read the above policies prior to submitting the Consortium Registration form.
Consortium Registration Form Due Dates
ALL FORMS ARE DUE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE START OF MARYMOUNT'S SEMESTER. FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
||Form Due By:
||May 11, 2020
||August 17, 2020