Tutoring & Writing Assistance
Need assistance with courses? Our graduate and undergraduate peer tutors and writing consultants can help! The Center for Teaching and Learning includes a team of trained tutors to help enhance the quality of your learning. This service is free to all Marymount students and faculty members.
Services for Students
A brochure about tutoring is available for students
- All writers need readers! Writing consultants can help graduates and undergraduates at any stage of the writing process – from understanding the assignment and brainstorming through revision and final editing.
- Math, science, and other course-specific assistance is also available for many undergraduate courses, whether you’re stuck on a homework problem or reviewing for an exam.
Appointment - Schedule Online!
Make an appointment for tutoring or writing assistance through Starfish.
- Login into the Marymount Portal.
- Starfish is a link in the left sidebar.
Please note the location of your tutoring session as the service may be offered at more than one location or may be offered as online tutoring.
Detailed instructions on accessing Starfish are available
Need help outside available tutoring hours? You can access online tutoring through BRAINFUSE
, which is available on Canvas
. Note: These tutors are not in any way affiliated with Marymount University.
Services for Graduate Students
Tutoring and writing support is also available for graduate students. Please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning to learn about available services.
Services for Faculty
Faculty members may decide to incorporate tutoring and writing support as a regular part of their course. For example, you may want to:
- Include tutoring support as a part of your course projects and assignments.
- Supplement course instruction with tutor-led group study sessions to review for upcoming exams or to produce added support.
A brochure about taking advantage of tutoring services is available for faculty
If you have further questions, please call (703) 284-1538, email or drop by the Center for Teaching and Learning in Rowley G105. If you’re a student, we would be glad to help you set up your first appointment. If you’re a faculty member, we would love to discuss how tutoring might enhance student learning in your courses.