Regardless of whether a student is hired under the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program or Campus Employment (CE), all students must meet minimum eligibility criteria. Eligibility for summer employment varies slightly from eligibility during the academic year (fall and spring semesters). International students also have additional eligibility requirements to consider.
Fall and Spring Semesters
To qualify for FWS or CE during the academic year, student applicants must have:
- authorization to work on campus in the United States
- full-time undergraduate or graduate status
- good judicial standing (Students who are on disciplinary probation at the time of application may be eligible for employment if permission is received by the Dean of Career Services & Professional Development)
In addition to the criteria cited above, the following criteria apply to students seeking summer employment.
If a student will be a full-time student in the upcoming fall semester, the student must:
If a student is graduating in August, the student must:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the spring prior to the summer for which they are applying to work AND be registered as a full-time student for the following fall semester, OR
- be registered as a student for the summer session in which they are applying to work AND be registered as a full-time student for the following fall semester.
- have been registered as a full-time student in the spring prior to the summer for which they are applying to work AND be registered for their remaining degree requirements which are to be completed during the summer session.
The procedure for hiring international students who are attending Marymount on a visa varies slightly from the process for hiring domestic students. Not all visa types allow students to work in the United States. It is imperative that an international student’s visa status is assessed by the Center for Career Services for work authorization prior to the student’s hire. Most international students at Marymount are on an F-1 visa which allows them to work only on campus. If an international student has additional questions or would like further assistance regarding on-campus employment, the student can view FAQs
for international students, contact the Center for Career Services at (703) 284-5960
or via email
or the International Student Services Office at (703) 526-6922
or via email
For information about how to apply to on-campus jobs, click here .