In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
Administration and Supervision: May 1st, Summer enrollment only
In addition to the university wide graduate admissions requirements, applicants to the M.Ed. program must submit:
- Graduate Application
- Professional résumé
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.75 GPA or 3.25 in the last 60 hours or 3.0 in their endorsement area
- Two recommendations that speak directly to the applicant’s academic and interpersonal skills
- Submit all undergraduate transcripts that the adequacy of undergraduate general education coursework needed for licensure requirements can be determined; and
- Passing scores, as set by the Virginia Department of Education, for
- Praxis I Core Mathematics only (Praxis I Core Mathematics exam may be waived with sufficient composite SAT/ACT score. See an academic advisor for further information)*
- Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA)*
The Marymount University Education department requires at least one of the following:
- CSLP/PDS writing sample
- VCLA writing score at appropriate level (see an academic advisor for further information)
- “In-house” writing sample scored using designate rubric
*Applicants for the Administration and Supervision program and the non-licensure Curriculum and Instruction M.Ed. program are not required to take the Praxis or VCLA examination.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from an evaluation agency with NACES
membership such as World Education Services, Inc.
or Educational Credentials Evaluators
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners (ESL, IELTS, LADO, or Mentora College).
For more information about International Admissions Guidelines, please click here
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information
Graduate Enrollment Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Katie