In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
Priority Application Deadlines:
Applications must be complete by the following priority deadlines to assure an admissions decision by the start of the term. Applications received after these deadlines will be considered on a time and space-available basis.
Fall Enrollment: July 16th
Spring Enrollment: November 16th
Summer Enrollment: April 16th
The following programs share the priority deadlines list above:
- Elementary Education,
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction
- Professional Development School Program - M.E.d (Elementary Education and Special Education), Summer enrollment only
- (Non-licensure and certificates)
*Administration and Supervision: May 1st, Summer enrollment only
In addition to the university wide graduate admissions requirements, applicants to the M.Ed. program must submit:
- Graduate Application
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.75 GPA or 3.25 in the last 60 hours or 3.0 in selected endorsement area
- Two recommendations that speak directly to the applicant’s academic and interpersonal skills
- All undergraduate transcripts so that the adequacy of undergraduate general education coursework needed for Virginia licensure requirements can be determined; and
- Passing scores, as set by the Virginia Department of Education, for
- Praxis I Core Mathematics only (Praxis I Core Mathematics exam may be waived with sufficient composite SAT/ACT score. Call Graduate Enrollment Services for further information)*
- Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA)*
The Marymount University Education department requires at least one of the following:
- CSLP/PDS writing sample
- VCLA writing score at appropriate level (see an academic advisor)
- “In-house” writing sample
*Applicants for the Administration and Supervision program and the non-licensure Curriculum and Instruction M.Ed. programs are not required to take the Praxis or VCLA examinations.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of transcripts is required from an evaluation agency with NACES
membership such as World Education Services, Inc.
or Educational Credentials Evaluators
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners. For complete information about International Admissions Guidelines and language partner programs, please click here.
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information
Graduate Enrollment Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Katie