This minor is open to students in any major. It is geared toward students who are interested in the teaching profession but who may or may not be working toward a Virginia teaching licensure. Completion of the minor would prepare students to work in a preschool setting, Catholic schools, other independent schools, or in industry training. This minor can be the basis for a licensure program, but completion of the minor is not a licensure program.
- ED 200 Introduction to Teaching and Learning
- ED 254 Technology for the K-12 Classroom Lab
- ED 351 Assessment to Support Learning in the K-12 Classroom
- PSY 110 Human Growth and Development
- PSY 341 Psychology of Students with Exceptionalities
- Two of the following:
- ED 219 Current Research, Trends, and Legal Issues in Special Education
- ED 301 Foundation of Literacy Development
- ED 355 Reading and Language Arts: Grades PK-2
- ED 338 Curriculum Design: Secondary Education
Please see an education advisor for further information.