This minor is open to students in any major. It is geared toward students who are interested in the teaching profession but who may or may not be working toward a Virginia teaching licensure. Completion of the minor would prepare students to work in a preschool setting, Catholic schools, other independent schools, or in industry training. This minor can be the basis for a licensure program, but completion of the minor is not a licensure program.
The Education minor consists of six (6) courses for a total of 18 credits.
Take all four (4) of the following:
- ED 200 Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- PSY 110 Human Growth and Development
- ED 351 Assessment to Support Learning in the K-12 Classroom
- PSY 341 Psychology of Students with Exceptionalities
Take two (2) of the following:
- ED 254 Technology for the K-12 Classroom
- ED 301 Foundation of Literacy Development
- ED 337 Literacy in the Content Areas - Secondary
- ED 338 Curriculum Design: Secondary Education
- ED 355 Literacy Instruction for Diverse Learners: Grades PK-2
- ED 356 Literacy Instruction for Diverse Learners: Grades 3-6
Please see an education advisor for further information.