Do you need a way to earn your master’s degree in education and Virginia Teacher License with maximum flexibility? Check out Marymount’s M.Ed. Weekend Cohort. The Weekend Cohort allows students to continue working full-time and earn an M.Ed. and Virginia Teacher license within 18 months to two years.
The Weekend Cohort is also perfect for teachers in Catholic and other private schools, teachers assistants, and teachers on a Virginia provisional license who want to earn an M.Ed. and/or complete the requirements for an elementary or secondary Virginia teaching license. Employed teachers may student-teach in place. Completion of the Weekend Cohort program leads to an M. Ed. and teaching licensure in Virginia.
A master’s degree with licensure is available through the Weekend Cohort in the following areas:
The Weekend Cohort is a part or full-time, 36 credit program. Students usually begin coursework during the fall semester; spring and summer entry is also possible. Most courses meet every other weekend on Friday evenings 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Weekend Cohort students take face-to-face, online and blended classes. Most students complete their degree and licensure requirements in 18 months to two years.
Marymount's Weekend Cohort program offers you
- Weekend classes that meet every other Friday (6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.) and Saturday (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Degree in 18 months – 2 years
- Face-to-face, online and blended classes; some weekday evening classes for secondary program
- Small classes taught by experienced professors with real PK-12 classroom experience
- Discount tuition for teachers in Catholic schools
- Employed teachers may student teach in place
- Pipeline for VCEA certificate to M.Ed. to VDOE teacher license
- Pathway for teachers on Virginia Provisional License to complete license requirements
- Opportunities to student teach overseas
- Highly respected program with strong ties to local school districts
- A 100% record of placement for graduates who want full-time jobs
For more information, contact the Coordinator