Computer Networking and Cybersecurity (Minor)
A minor in computer networking and cybersecurity prepares students to manage computer networks and to ensure the security of information systems from an operational perspective. Students are prepared for industry certifications such as those from CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+) and from Cisco (CCENT and CCNA).
Minimum Grade Requirements: A minimum grade of C- is required in any course within the computer networking and cybersecurity minor that serves as a prerequisite for a higher-numbered course.
Residency Requirement: Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirements at Marymount.
- IT 205 Computer Technology
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- IT 315 Operating Systems and Virtualization
- IT 335 Corporate Cybersecurity
- IT 372 Cisco Networking I
- IT 375 Cisco Networking II
- IT 390 Cybersecurity: Attack and Defend