Network Security Minor
A minor in computer networking and its security prepares students to manage computer networks and to ensure the security of information systems from an operational perspective. Students are prepared for industry certifications such as those from CompTIA (Network+, Security+) and from Cisco (CCENT and CCNA).
Minimum Grade Requirement:
A minimum grade of C is required in any course in the Network Security Minor.
Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirement at Marymount.
- IT 205 Digital Technologies
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- IT 315 Operating Systems and Virtualization
- IT 120 Cybersecurity Principles OR IT 335 Corporate Cybersecurity
- IT 372 Cisco Networking I
- IT 375 Cisco Networking II
- IT 390 Cybersecurity: Attack and Defend