Information Technology Minor
Technology drives our digital world and students entering the workplace in any field are expected to be able to use technology effectively. This minor is open to students pursuing a degree other than the B.S. in Information Technology and provides students with a general understanding of the information technology field including computer hardware and networks, information security, database management, and Java software development. A minor in Information Technology is a valuable complement to many programs, particularly Business Administration, as computers play an increasingly important role in today’s workplace.
Minimum Grade Requirement:
A minimum grade of C is required in any course in the Information Technology minor
Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirement at Marymount.
- IT 110 Information Technology in the Global Age
- IT 120 Cybersecurity Principles
- IT 130 Java Programming OR IT 125 Web Development OR IT 229 Python Scripting
- IT 205 Digital Technologies
- IT 210 Software Engineering
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- IT 310 Database Technology