Game Design and Development Minor
A minor in game design and development is designed for gamers, who wish to learn how to design and develop games, not just to play them. Games are now not just for entertainment and games are now extensively used for training (e.g., for first responders) and for learning. The minor provides students an educational outlet for their creativity.
Minimum Grade Requirement:
A minimum grade of C is required in any course in the Game Design and Development minor.
Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirement at Marymount.
- IT 205 Digital Technologies
- IT 227 Mobile App Development OR IT 130 Java Programming OR IT 129 Python Scripting
- IT 322 Game Design
- IT 324 Story and Narrative Development for Video Games
- IT 325 3-D Modeling and Animation
- IT 326 Game Development and Production
- IT 328 Mobile Gaming