Data Science Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
This program is for students who have previously earned a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in any discipline. The certificate is designed to prepare individuals for a data scientist position in the specific industry related to their initial degree. Title IV federal financial aid is not available for this certificate program, but private and institutional aid may be available.
Upon successful completion of the data science post-baccalaureate certificate, students will be able to:
- use statistical and other management techniques to solve a problem where significant numerical data exists;
- configure a large database to optimize query and retrieval operations;
- evaluate data analysis tools in the market, open-source and others; and
- apply a range of data science techniques to analyze and visualize a data problem.
In addition to meeting the university's requirements for post-baccalaureate certificate admissions, the student must demonstrate knowledge of high school algebra. Students with insufficient mathematics preparation will be advised to take appropriate undergraduate courses to prepare for the certificate curriculum.
Program Completion Requirement
All coursework must be completed at Marymount University within three years of matriculation.
This certificate requires 18 credits.
- IT 129 Python Scripting
- IT 310 Database Technology
- DATA 325 Data Analytics
- DATA 310 Decision Analysis OR IT 385 Managing Big Data
- DATA 395 Data Visualization
- DATA 370 Machine Learning Technologies OR DATA 390 Data Science Applications