Human Resource and Talent Management Minor
This minor prepares students for a career in human resource and talent management. The minor consists of coursework that reflects the core areas on the field and introduces students to systematic perspectives and strategic approaches to managing human resources. It also provides a basic foundation for students who intend to pursue future certifications or advanced degrees in business.
Minimum Grade Requirement:
A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better is required for courses in the Human Resource and Talent Management Minor. For students interested in joining industry associations (SHRM), they should work to attain at least a 2.7 (B-) in HRM 335, HRM 423, and LA 430.
Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirement at Marymount.
- MGT 123 The Business Experience
- MA 132 Statistical Analysis OR MA 218 Probability and Statistics OR PSY 201 Statistics for Social Sciences
- MGT 304 Organizational Behavior
- HRM 335 Talent Management
- HRM 423 Performance Management and Compensation
- LA 430 Current Issues in Employment Law
- DATA 325 Data Analytics