B.S./M.S Information Technology Combined Program
This program is designed for high performing students who can accelerate their education and earn a B.S. in Information Technology, or a bachelor’s degree in another discipline with a minor in Information Technology, and an M.S. in Information Technology in a five-year timeframe.
Students with high GPAs can supplement their undergraduate course work with up to 12 credits of specified graduate information technology coursework during their senior year as part of their specialty or IT minor.
To complete both degrees in five years, the student must be very well prepared on matriculation at the university and ready to take core IT courses. The student should also plan from the outset to follow a tightly packed and challenging course schedule.
To be admitted in to the program, students must have:
- A declared major or minor in Information Technology.
- 90-credits earned, typically by the end of junior year.
- At least 24 credits of B.S. /M.S. of Information Technology, management science, and mathematics course completed.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 in Information Technology courses
Students take up to 4 courses (12 credits) at the graduate level in their senior year: two of these courses can count in both the undergraduate and graduate programs and the other two will count as graduate courses. Students can complete the following courses in their senior year as an undergraduate:
- IT510 Requirements Analysis
- IT515 Decision Making for IT
- IT520 Enterprise Infrastructure and Networks
- IT530 Computer Security
After graduation with a B.S. in four years, the following courses are taken to complete the master’s degree by the end of the 5th
- IT540 Enterprise Data Management and Analysis
- IT550 Ethics, Law and Policy in the Information Age
- IT610 IT Governance and Strategy
- IT680 IT Master’s Project
- IT670 Computer Network Defense
In addition, students take 4 courses in one of the specialties:
- Health Care Informatics
- Project Management and Technology Leadership
- Software Engineering