One of the hallmarks of an undergraduate education in the School of Business and Technology is that it requires all students to complete an internship. Our students benefit from our location in one of the country’s leading technology and innovation regions. There are government agencies, businesses and nonprofits, all with interesting missions, within walking distance of our school. Downtown Washington, DC, with all that it has to offer, is just a short subway ride away.
How it Works
We encourage students to find internships by using their own initiative as a way of developing their entrepreneurial and job career-building skills. We also identify internship opportunities with local businesses that have a relationship with Marymount, alumni, and the Advisory Board of the Marymount Intrapreneurship Initiative. Internships are part of a for-credit, one-semester course that combines the internship (120 hours of on-site experience) with classroom education led by our faculty and experienced entrepreneurs drawn from the Marymount Intrapreneurship Initiative Board of Advisors.
Students in the School of Business and Technology have worked as interns in a wide range of organizations in the DC metro area.
Examples of Recent SBT Student Internships:
- Accounting Solutions, Inc.
- Advanced Technology Systems Company
- Aldie Veterinary Hospital
- American Enterprise Institute
- B.F Saul Company
- Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Chevy Chase Pharmacy
- Department of Justice
- Ernst & Young
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Freddie Mac
- Gucci America
- Habitat for Humanity
- Koch Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Richmond (L&LS)
- Mental Disability Rights International (MDRI)
- National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations
- National Business Travel Association
- National Crime Prevention Council
- National Geographic Society
- NTIS (National Technical Information Service)
- Palestinian-American Chamber of Commerce
- Paradigm Technologies, Inc.
- Red Peg Marketing
- Sirius XM Radio
- Smith Barney
- Smithsonian Institution
- Strategies for International Development
- Tree Top Kids, Inc.
- Volkswagen Group of America
- United Parcel Service
- United States Congress
- United States Mayor Enterprises
- United Way of America
- U.S. Capitol AOC
- The Washington Post Digital
- The Washington Redskins
- Walt Disney World
- Westin Hotel/Starwood
- World Bank Global Environmental Facility
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation