Information Technology/Cybersecurity (M.S./M.S.)
The M.S. in information technology and M.S. in cybersecurity dual-degree program is designed to meet the needs of those students desiring to have a broad information technology background with a very strong cybersecurity emphasis. The dual degree will prepare students for cybersecurity technical and management positions where they need to be responsible for the security of a variety of technologies.
Upon successful completion of all dual-degree requirements, students in the dual degree program must meet the requirements of the M.S. in information technology program and the M.S. in cybersecurity program. Students successfully completing both degrees will achievce the outcomes of each of these two programs.
In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
Fall Enrollment: July 16th
Spring Enrollment: November 16th
Summer Enrollment: April 16th
Additional Requirements for International Students:
- Graduate Application
- Professional résumé
- Official transcripts of all postsecondary education including evidence of bachelor’s degree; directly to Marymount University's Office of Graduate Enrollment Services, 2807 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207, or via an online delivery system to firstname.lastname@example.org
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from an evaluation agency with NACES membership such as World Education Services, Inc. or Educational Credentials Evaluators.
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners (ESL, IELTS, LADO, or Mentora College).
For more information about International Admissions Guidelines, please click here.
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services.
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information
Graduate Enrollment Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Katie
Minimum Grade Requirements
A minimum grade of C is needed to receive credit for a course in the dual degree program. All graduate students in the School of Business Administration must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Dual Degree Requirements
- IT 510 Requirements Analysis
- IT 515 Decsion Making for IT
- MSC 545 Project Management
- IT 520 Enterprise Infrastucture and Networks
- IT 530 Computer Security
- IT 540 Enterprise Data Management and Analysis
- IT 535 Advanced Computer Security
- IT 570 Cybersecurity: Law, Policy, Ethics, and Compliance
- IT 547 Security and Privacy of Electronic Documents
- IT 580 Technology Leadership or IT 585 Managing Technical People or IT 630 Information Technology Practicum
- IT 560 Cryptography
- IT 537 Computer Forensics and Incident Response
- IT 575 Information Security Management
- IT 610 IT Governance and Strategy
- IT 557 Monitoring, Auditing, and Penetration Testing
- IT 587 Cybersecurity Systems: Certifiation and Accreditation
- IT 670 Computer Network defense
- IT 680 IT Master's Project