Where is the SBT main office located?

The SBT office is located in the Ballston Center on the south side the fifth floor, rm. 5042.

The Ballston Center
1000 N Glebe Rd
Arlington, VA 22201

Where can I find parking or shuttle service information?

Parking Info

Can I meet with one of the Deans if I’m having an issue?

The SBT Deans only take meetings by appointment and do not accept walk ins.

However, the Deans should not be your first point of contact for most issues. If you need assistance with scheduling your classes, please reach out to your academic advisor.

If you are having difficulty with registration or other processes, please email with your concerns.

Where can I find information about upcoming SBT events?

SBT event announcements are made through Canvas, so please be sure to accept your invitation to join which will be sent via email.

My professor/advisor told me I need a form. Where can I find the form?

Forms are located in the SBT office (fifth floor, Ballston Center). If you are unable to come into our office, email for electronic versions.

What are the admission requirements for undergraduate business programs?

Admissions Requirements 
Undergraduate Admissions: (703) 284-1500

What are the admission requirements for graduate business programs?

Admissions Requirements 
Graduate Admissions: (703) 284-5901

Where can I get more information about SBT programs (degrees, certificate programs, etc.)?

To get more information we would suggest you begin with looking on our School of Business and Technology website and contacting the Admissions (Graduate or Undergraduate, depending on the program.)

We also recommend you review the University Catalogs for more in depth course descriptions and requirements. 

What are specialties?

Specialties allow undergraduate students to focus on a subject area of interest. Every student should declare a specialty (likely as a sophomore), and there’s an abundance of options.

More information can be found in the Marymount Catalog.  

Do I have to declare a specialty?


How can I find out which classes are required for my specialty?

Visit the Marymount Catalog and discuss options with your academic advisor.

How do I minor in Business/IT/Economics/etc.?

Once you gain your advisor’s approval, come to the SBT office to fill out a Change of Program form. Our administrative assistants will add the minor to your program and assign you a minor advisor.

If I take a class at another institution, how do I know if the credits will transfer in for a required MU course?

If you are a current student planning on taking a course at NOVA, PGCC, or another local community college, you can find the MU course equivalency here. All current students must submit a Course Transfer form to our office prior to registering for the course at a different college or university. You can find copies of this form in the SBT main office, or by emailing You will then be approved to take the course.

If you have already followed these steps and the course has ended, you must submit your official transcript to the Registrar’s Office here at Marymount in order to receive the credits.

Where can I find assessment data, course evaluations, and other institutional reports?

The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) serves the Marymount University community by providing information, data and analyses that support and strengthen planning and decision making at the University.

You can visit the following pages for more information: Accountability, Survey Reports, Course Evaluations, Assessment Reports

How can I get a SACM letter?

All SACM letter requests must be sent to the registrar via email at Please visit the registrar's Sponsored Students Page for more information. 

Who is my academic advisor?

Your academic advisor is listed on Marynet. Click on Grades, Term, and your advisor should be listed.

How do I register for classes?

Students register using MU Plan. Registration Information and Instuctions 

Where can I find the academic calendar?

Academic Calendar 

How do I apply for graduation?

You must apply for graduation in order to graduate during your preferred semester. See more info here.

How do I apply for an SBT student worker position?

All student worker positions are listed on Handshake. Any interested students should apply through Handshake or reach out to Career Services for assistance.

How do I get an internship?

Internship information can be found here.

Quick Links
MU Plan
My Marymount Portal
IT Issues 
Financial Aid 
Student Accounts 
Student Health Center
Career Services
Academic Calendar 
Undergraduate Catalog
Graduate Catalog