Forensic Computing guides students in the investigation of computer crimes and the preparation of evidence for use in a court of law. Students are encouraged to intern in law enforcement organizations, such as local police departments and the FBI. This specialty covers topics required for the International Society of Forensic Computer Examiner’s Certified Computer Examiner certification. Students are also encouraged to minor in Criminal Justice.
Forensic Computing Specialty Requirements
- ACT 201 Principles of Accounting I
- CJ 209 The Criminal Justice System
- CJ 310 Policing in American Society
- CJ 320 Cybercrime and Digital Terrorism
- IT 370 Computer Forensics