This program is for students who have previously earned a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in any discipline. The certificate is designed to prepare individuals for positions as data scientists in a specific discipline as is determined by their initial degrees.
Title IV federal financial aid is not available for this certificate program, but private and institutional aid may be available.
In addition to meeting university wide requirements for post-baccalaureate certificate admissions, the studetn must demonstrate knowledge of high school algebra. Students with insufficient mathematics preparation will be advised to take appropriate undergraduate courses to prepare for the certificate curriculum.
All coursework must be completed at Marymount within three (3) years of matriculation.
- MA 181 Calculus or equivalent
- MSC 300 Business Statistics or MA 132 Statistical Analysis
- IT 310 Database Technology
- MSC 310 Decision Analysis
- MSC 325 Data Analytics
- IT 385 Managing Big Data
- MSC 385 Current Topics in Data Science
- MSC 390 Data Science Applications